“Good Italian”

Dining options: Reservations
Farmingdale, New York
“Good Italian”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My company is a few blocks away from this restaurant and we've had 2 holiday parties there as well as catered 2 big events at our office. All 4 instances were delicious. Their food is consistently good - from the family style pasta with awesome marinara sauce to standards like veal/chicken parmagiana and chicken Francese. The bar is very well stocked, the bartenders are quite friendly and the wait staff is good as well. They are very good to use for small parties (10-25) and I would highly suggest allowing them to cater home parties as well. the atmosphere is very dark inside. There are 2 separate dining room areas separated by the bar and a gorgeous espresso machine imported from Italy. I would suggest this restaurant for a romantic evening, a family night and a nice neighborhood place for friends. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Syndi G

Roosevelt, New York
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I just had my daugter's bridal shower here. I have to tell you I was very happy with the place. The food was delicious everyone was telling me how great the food was. The service was outstanding. They were so pleasant to talk to and helpful. The place was typical nice Italian restaurant with painting and lamps, nice. When I arrive everything was set up nicely. The portions and flavor wow. I had picked this place crossing my fingers because I had a baby shower in another restaurant and it was more expensive , less food, less tasteful. So I thought I was going to get less because it was cheaper but I received a lot more. The cake was included in the price. It was delicious and people was asking me where I got the cake. I told them I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Evelyn G
Farmingdale, NY
“Mangia Bella Napoli”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My Wife and I usually have lunch or dinner here at least once a month. The value of the Complete meals offered on the menu is only exceeded by the freshness and delectability of the dishes served.

• Visited June 2013
ny
“A Long Time Favorite”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I've been here several times and have tried many dishes and have liked the food I've had there. The portion sizes are huge and I always take half my entree home. I've had a couple of group dinners here with groups of eight or more and the of all the times I've been here, only one person one time complained about their meal and they were brought a new dish without issue or problem.

There is a bar and a banquet room in the restaurant and parking in the back. You can also call ahead for take out, but you have to pick it up.

The only downside I have to this restaurant is the decor. It's terribly out of date, by at least 3 decades, and although it is still in good condition, it looks tired. The restaurant could use a serious face lift.

If you've never been here, it's easy to pass. It's across the road and a slightly west of the 7-11 near 110. The picture tied to this site for this restaurant is not this restaurant but the website is correct and has a picture of their storefront on it.

Holbrook, New York
“Not going back”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband & I come from Farmingdale now live out east. My sis-in-law suggested we go here to celebrate a few birthdays in the family & there would be many of us. I have not eaten here in a good 20 years so it sounded good. Well I would say it was so-so service & food nothing to write home about. Iceberg lettuce in an italian restarant was surprising. They forgot my bro in laws soup, we had to keep asking for soda@ & drinks. No refills on coffee was offered, I mean we were never asked if more was desired. We would have no problem paying for it-just never asked. My husband & I eat out often since it is just us two & I would not come back here.
As another review stated, I get better tasting food at my pizza place to go.
Just another note, the salads would not feed 2-4 people unless you were a rabbit, not a human.

PS A few of us has gastrointestional distress afterwards!

• Visited January 2013