“Bring Your Appetite”

Add it.
China Grand Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Excellent place to eat your fill of a varoety of well prepared dishes {and desserts} when you're catching a movie or shopping at the nearby stores. We keep coming back because the food is consistantly deliciously that we meet friends & brong family here as often as possible. great for celebrations too with a private room

Reviewed December 17, 2013

A prime location so you can enjoy a great selection of well-prepared food varieties after catching a flick or shopping. Was just there on Saturday with my sister's bunch & everyone had a great time and well sated afterwards. Plenty of parking in the area & lots of room inside for a veriety of different size groups. Even came here a time or two for a special occasion such as a shower & was pleased.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Go here fairly often --- soups are very tasty, sushi fresh, and food replaced pretty quickly on the buffet -Sat. nite, the best when they have lobster in sauce which is really great. Like the hot vegetables also. Only negative comment is the desserts - could be a little bit more exciting. Large place so usually no problem with seating.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

A few hours ago I made my first visit here in several years. I was sort of stuck nearby and figured it was worth a revisit.

I tried to start with the sushi. Well, there was rice, and tiny bits of undetermined other things, some supposedly vegetable, some supposedly 'fish'. I tried a couple pieces; couldn't make out anything beyond the rice.

I tried a few raw clams. They seemed fresh, but some rinsing out of debris would have been nice. I later ran into the same problem with the sauteed clams.

Miso - this is the easiest, cheapest thing to make - and it still tasted weird. Egg drop soup was a bit better. I eventually tasted most of the hot dishes (except most of the 'American' ones. Most had a reasonable temp - impressive in a mostly empty buffet place. Spring roll was ok, first egg roll also, 2nd not so. Mushrooms of a couple varieties were good. Mystery seafood 'casserole' (my name) tasted good, and the mystery seafood mei fun was good.

Here's the real problem - for about the same $12.99, you'd be able to eat really well most nights at say, Old Country Buffet (fairly close by off Sunrise). Food would mostly be far fresher, much more flavorful. Everything about CGB reeks of cheap - and cheaper. Lousy fake ice cream. Imitation sushi. Oh, and I forgot to mention - crab legs so skinny, and sitting out so long, that any meat within has probably long since withered up and turned into something string.

The big question - would I come back with my wife? NO!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are Shopping in the Farmingdale Area and are partial to Chinese Buffet you need to try the China Grand Buffet in the Airport Plaza lunch is the most cost effective choice.
The China Grand Buffet is one of the best I have tried the variety of choices and quality was worth the trip!