“Great place for kids and birthday parties”
Review of Adventureland

Adventureland
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Farmingdale
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My children loved Adventureland, so much so that when they were teen-agers they worked there. It is a typical amusement park but small enough for the really young kids to have fun. My friend and her daughter spent 71/2 hours there. There is lots of parking, rides for kids and adults of all ages, good food, and good location for visitors from Queens, Nassau and Suffolk County. It is reasonably priced...you buy a wrist band and that admits you to all the rides as many times as you want. Birthday parties are well run and enjoyed by all.

1  Thank racingdiva

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went to Adventureland on a Wednesday night at about 4:30 pm and my boy/girl twins loved it. They are already asking when they can go back. They are just 48 inches tall and could go on most rides by themselves (only 3 rides were out of their reach without an adult sitting with them).
They loved that they could go on ride after ride with minimal or no waits.

We had heard from friends to go later in the day to avoid the camp crowds and it really worked out for us.

We also ate at the main cafeteria and the food was decent and not too overly priced. $3 for a hamburger; $8.50 for popcorn chicken and fries.

My daughter is bored by kiddie rides now and she found enough rides to go on to be happy at Adventureland. My son is happy to go on middle of the road rides so he was happy, too. Neither one wanted to go on the biggest roller coaster there but they went on everything else.

The park was clean and the people in attendance were nice (no line cutting when we were there).

We would definitely go again. Would love to find a coupon or discount for the POP, though.

1  Thank Shelley C
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Great theme park for kids, great price I think it's $25 per wrist band, clean and very beautiful at night!

1  Thank Travel_secrets55
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I grew up on Long Island, and came here a number of times with friends through the years, but had not been since at least the 1980's. Came with my 9 year-old twin nieces, and had a GREAT day - the rides were clean, well-maintained and for only $25 per person, it was a great deal for the day. We got there early, so the lines weren't long at all, and the food was reasonably priced, as well. GREAT DAY!!

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

It was fun. We were there for 2-3 hours and did the whole park. It was fun! I recommend going. Good for younger kids as well as mid teens.

1  Thank Hammy333