Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Flight on the C-47, “Second Chance”

Although this review is not about the museum, it is about a flight that I took on their C-47... read more

Reviewed August 14, 2023
Dave H
Great Museum

Yesterday I had the opportunity to visit the American AirPower Museum and take a flight on a T-6... read more

Reviewed August 12, 2023
lawrenceo514
Long Island, New York
via mobile

All reviews on display aviation history all ages vintage planes world war tuskegee airmen tram ride gift shop tour guides are great collection real planes few hours great place to visit republic volunteers exhibits wars
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

We did this on a whim to kill an hour or so. We've been here about three and a half hours so far. My wife is up in a airplane our grandson is having a blast and so am I. I'm not even an airplane nut and this thing is just so cool and interesting. If you're near here you gotta do it

Reviewed July 18, 2016

There are many events during the year, being Memorial day one of the busiest, with an airshow that includes their vintage airplanes and other guest, like the Blue Angels.
You can reserve a flight in some of the vintage aircraft, their calendar of activities on the website describes all the events.
The volunteers are former Republic airport workers and veterans, each one takes you on a journey thru the history of each aircraft in the hanger.
Visiting by your self or with your family, the annual membership gives you access for a year; their location is nearby different local restaurants, with easy access to the main highways.
The gift store has many options from airplane replicas, T-shirts, jackets, pens, pins, many items and most important friendly staff. Bring your camera to capture some historic images.

1  Thank miamisergiov
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I took a trip to the American Airpower Museum earlier today. This place is amazing!! It's for all ages, male and female. There is a special place in the museum for women who served in the military, which touched me deeply. Many different aircrafts to see. There was so much to see that we didn't realized how many hours we spent there until we were in the gift shop on our way out. The $10 per adult entrance fee is extremely cheap when compared to the experience you receive. Get yourself a tour guide. They will share stories with you that will make the experience more exciting and interesting. The gift shop prices are very reasonable. We left this place already planning to come back when they have an event. oh and we also plan on treating ourselves for a flight on the C-47 D-Day experience. check their website to plan your visit. It's worth it!!

Reviewed July 9, 2016

You immediately get an authentic feel to this collection of vintage airplanes. Their presence in this huge hanger adds to the ambiance. Unfortunately the graphics and overall presentation is lacking. Yes, the kids can run around and touch everything, but there is so much history here that is not being exhibited properly. Overall, still a great experience and worth visiting.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank twindad04
Reviewed June 28, 2016

I visited the museum and I completely loved it. You geet to see and touch history!!!I recopmmend everyone go and visit especially our youth...They need to be reminded of what our Veterans did and learn about our history. I highly recommend this Museum to everyone of all ages...

Date of experience: May 2016