“Good for special occasion”
Review of Absolutely Mario

Absolutely Mario
Ranked #6 of 133 Restaurants in Farmingdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Found the food very good. The atmosphere very pleasant. The service good. Bus boys need better training.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My fiends took me here for a birthday lunch. The service was outstanding. The waiter was attentive without be intrusive. Mario came to check on us after our food arrived. The shrimp with stuffed crab meat was delicious. The wine was chilled perfect. The menu is small, which makes the food all the better and fresher, but there was a variety of meats, pasta and fish. The chocolate covered strawberries were the best, strawberries fresh and juicy. Enjoyed Mario's.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

With a reservation we waited a 1/2 hr. It was very crowded on a Sat. night. We sat at the bar and had some drinks,bartenders were pleasant. When we were being brought to our seats, we had to squeeze around people in their chairs, everyone was so cramped in so it was also very noisy. Service was very slow,maybe because it was so busy,but we waited a ridiculously long time for our food. Our waiter was decent, but not attentive at all. The food was good and fair priced. Our biggest problem was halfway through our meal very noisy people were seated right next to us. I mean obnoxiously disturbing loud. All the waiters kept going over and sitting with them and talking to them and bringing them more drinks which made them even louder. Sometimes the waiter would talk to them and lean over and his behind was right near my head! I know you cant always control loud patrons but hanging out with them only made them worse, it's a restaurant not a bar. It definitely ruined our meal.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Italian food on Long Island? There are loads of good restaurants. Absoutely Mario stands out as a star. Food preparation is consistant. Never a bad meal. The daily specials are fresh and creative. The wait staff is friendly and efficient and Mario is a presence almost every night. I have eaten there on multiple occaisions and look forward to returning again.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My friends and I went to this restaurant for dinner and were very happy!!
The food is delicious and it has a really good, classic atmosphere.
The other patrons looked like people who know good food when they see it and it looks
like they come back often.
I was very impressed with the service and I also met Mario - they are very nice people.
The atmosphere is great for a romantic evenying, but since we were 3 guys, we found a nice
table in the back to spread the food out and ate like pigs.
The food is very tasty!!!