“Had a few hours to burn...”

Croxley's Ale House
Reserve with OpenTable
Croxley's Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 131 Restaurants in Farmingdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I were in the area last weekend for a wedding in Bethpage. We had a couple hours to burn between the wedding ceremony and the reception so we stopped at Croxley's on the way back to the hotel. My husband has been a frequenter to Croxley's over the years at other locations and enjoys their beer selections.
When we arrived it was not very busy so we sat at the bar instead of at a table. There was one bartender behind the bar and she was not all that pleasant. She was not attentive to us, as we were surrounded by what appeared to be regulars or more likely just her friends. She was talking to them about all sorts of inappropriate things and even gave away several free drinks right in front of us. My glass sat empty for several minutes while she chatted up the guy sitting next to my husband and then seemed annoyed when I asked for another drink.
I know that in a specialty beer place like that the bar tenders are often a bit snobby about what beer you chose to drink, but let's be honest I am paying you to serve me whatever beer I want to drink..I definitely do not need your judgements on my selections, regardless of how hard you try to disguise them.
It also should be noted that she did spend some time complaining about working that day. Such a turn off.

1  Thank Mccabers

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the variety of wings and brews on a pleasant Father's Day evening. Wing special, 20 cents per wing was a great value. Large German pretzel was hot and tasty. Great sports bar with multiple screens. On this particular evening the World Cup was the feature .

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Went there with my husband and a friend to take advantage of the wing specials and sit outside for dinner. Although we were seated promptly nobody ever came back to take an order - offer a drink. We approached a bus boy and he said he would get someone - still no drinks, no dinner order and no service. Upon exiting and handing the menus back to the hostesses at the front door and indicating nobody ever came to help us. That is when the waitress who has been standing there chatting with the hostesses said she would have been with us in just a bit. Well too late we went over to Changing Times - where they never disappoint.

1  Thank Michelle E
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I went there for dinner on a Friday night and the place was super packed for happy hour. I had the fish & chips and he had a burger & onion rings. The onion rings were ok since I was expecting nice thick beer battered onion rings which these were not. They also had wing specials which we liked and overall the wings were good.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Me and the wife visit at least once a month, I enjoy the wings and beer and the wife enjoys the crab cake, we think it is a great environment. And the beer selection is awesome.
We go with the kids as well and they all love it.