“Average/Very Good, Depends on the Night”

Croxley's Ale House
Reserve with OpenTable
Croxley's Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 132 Restaurants in Farmingdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I've had good and better nights at Croxleys. I do appreciate the amount of beers they have on tap (and their beer menu in general), although I know some people may enjoy a more intimate atmosphere when it comes to craft beers. I expected the beers to be more expensive than they were, but I have noticed that different bartenders may charge you differently. For example, ordered a Sam Adams and I was charged $6, then $5. Service at this place may be the only downfall. You can wait quite a while for a bartender and/or server. Also prepare for a long wait during dinner time until about 930pm.

I like this place too because it's a very mixed crowd, with all ages.

In terms of the food to be honest I've only had the wings. 10 cent wing nights Mon Tue Wed but of course there are rules involved. Must have minimum drink order, no bagging leftovers etc. Wings are pretty tasty. I have heard that the rest of the menu is not that great.

But, in terms of a place to hang out with friends and have a good beer? Worth a visit.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Croxleys Ale house does a great business. I don't see the attraction except that there are garage style doors with plenty of outside seating. A very big beer on tap selection. They will not list the price of the beer on the menu and look at you in surprise if you ask the price then say they don't know but will ask a manager???

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I live right across the street from Croxleys and when they first moved in I thought it was gonna be great because I get take out frequently and also thought it might be a good place to take my friends and relatives. At first the food was pretty good but the quality has deteriorated over the years. But for a place that supposedly has "world famous wings" I have to say, they wings there have never been good. Domino's had better wings but the crappy wing joints like Croxley's has put them out of business. So save your money for a better sports bar Croxleys isn't what it's cracked up to be.

1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I have been here a few times with colleagues from work and the place is good for after dinner drinks and some wings. The wings really are good and from Monday to Wednesday they do 10 cent wings from early till late. Check their website for details. I have had only had the fish and chips of the regular menu and it was OK. As bars go average food, great wings and good vibe most nights. Service is just average whether at the bar or table.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

You cannont beat the wings here! There are crispy and served hot... temperature wise that is. You can get the wings mild, medium, hot, or bbq. Ask them to blend the medium or hot sauce with the bbq sauce on the wings and you are in for treat - YUM! Go on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday nights and it's 10 cent wing night! We've never had a bad experience here.