“Great hotel for business travel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale

TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Farmingdale
Chicago, IL
“Great hotel for business travel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for a number of weeks for business.

I've stayed at a bunch of Towneplace Suites for business across the country. This one is one of the better ones. The rooms have been recently updated with flat screen tv's, newer carpet, bathroom flooring, etc. Each room has the 2 burner stove, refrigerator, and microwave.

Typical of Towneplace Suites is the thin walls. If you have neighbors, you will most definitely hear their conversations (and understand them too). I'd always make sure the air conditioner was running to have some white-noise to sleep.

Staff is excellent. They were always very pleasant from week to week. As a Platinum member, they even gave me a free movie w/ snacks for two of the weeks I was there.

Exercise facilities are up-to-date w/ the latest exercise equipment. The room is small, however, but being a runner, I chose this hotel, as opposed to the Courtyard next door because of the newer equipment. (The Courtyard's equipment is quite dated, though the exercise room is much larger).

Breakfast room is a little bit on the small side, but had typical Towneplace suites fare - toast, waffles, bagels, packaged breakfast bars, cereal and oatmeal.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank totonka99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I don’t usually post reviews but felt compelled to share my experience at this hotel. I am a loyal Marriott customer. I have stayed at every type of hotel they offer, from resorts to full and limited service properties and I am usually happy. But this hotel went more then above and beyond. The Assistant General Manager Rosa e-mailed me prior to our arrival and offered her assistance for any questions I may have for our stay. We were celebrating a birthday and she surprised us with an upgrade, balloons and a personal birthday card signed by the staff. What a wonderful surprise! The young man at the front desk that checked us in was also very friendly and helpful. He even gave us call after we went to our room to check and see if we were happy. All the staff we encountered where cheerful and helpful. The breakfast was a nice continental spread for a quick start to the day. The coffee in the lobby was hot and fresh. This hotel should be proud of the well trained staff and exceptional service they provide.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Colleen102
Manalapan, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed one night; mostly everything very good. Even though it was crowded because of a wedding, the staff was handling it nicely. The full refrigerator came in handy as we were transporting some frozen food for a vacation.

The included breakfast could have had a better selection of hot items, but then, this is an extended stay facility where we could have cooked our own.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The planes add a bit of noise each morning, but the airport doesn't run 24/7 so if you're on a first shift schedule it shouldn't be a problem. Highway 110 is really busy - but there are a few restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shirley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was so impressed by this hotel and how accommodating the staff was!!! So unusual to find smiles from the front door to the housekeepers, who, by the way, do a wonderful job! I'm very picky..I bring my own bedding and Clorox wipes to hotels but they did such a good job I was comfortable with everything. That's a first! They were so friendly with my boxer, when they say pet friendly, they mean it. As far as the noise goes, we could see the airport which was kind of cool, but I didn't hear anything annoying. As a matter of fact the heat/AC was noticeably quiet and really efficient..something unusual in most hotels. We were able to have a wonderful breakfast just a 2 minute walk away at the Courtyard Marriott. It had an awesome omelet station, all you can eat for 9.95. I loved it and would highly recommend this hotel. This is the first review I have ever been "compelled" to write, but I didn't want to miss an opportunity to comment when a business goes above and beyond!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacqui K
rosa l, Manager at TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Jacqui K,

Our goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations. I am pleased to see we were successful with your stay!

Your comments regarding our staff and housekeeping cleanliness will be shared with all our staff, so that they can receive the recognition they deserve.

Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites Farmingdale. We look forward to serving your needs in the future.
Amityville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family and I were displaced from our home for almost four months due to "Sandy".
The staff at this hotel ,Andrew, Jennifer, Elizabeth, Daniel to name a few were put to the test daily dealing with a very frustrated group of people thanks to the poor response from insurance and FEMA. The accommodations were very nice but the staff dd everything possible to make a difficult time bearable for so many people. I would have to say and I know many of us that stayed there would agree this is a hotel that takes pride in what they do and the training of their staff whether its the front desk,maintenance personnel or housekeeping. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank L12j
Dear L12j,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. I consider myself fortunate to have joined this team and work alongside the many hospitality professionals that make up the TownePlace Suites Farmingdale team! They will be pleased to hear that they made a difference during your long term stay. We wish well and look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have stayed there for about 2 months since January.
One of the clerks is completely rude and acting up, I believe her name is Jenifer.
The room key is constantly stop working and once I had to wait 2 hours for them to open the door.
The hotel is constantly under renovation and you can hear everything anyone says on the rooms around you so its not quite as one might think.

Some of the staff are nice, having a kitchen, and the cheep price of 130 all year does the trick.

If this was not book for me by my company I would have never stayed there.

Keep away from this horrible place!
Assaf.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cajapan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmingdale
Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
BEST WESTERN Bar Harbour Inn
BEST WESTERN Bar Harbour Inn
#1 of 1 in Massapequa Park
Hilton Garden Inn Melville

Been to TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale? Share your experiences!