“Disappointed in cleanliness.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Falconer
Anderson, Indiana, United States
“Disappointed in cleanliness.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed at several Red Roof Inn's and have always been pleased up to this point- clean, pet friendly with no extra charge, and affordable. I will start with a positive. The front desk was friendly and helpful. They gave us an initial discount with a coupon they had that saved us $15 on the rate. They also have us a free late check out. However, when we arrived in our room it was very noticeable that it had not been cleaned well. There were black hairs all over the bathroom, the carpet did not look to be well vacuumed, there were a few black hairs on the bed, an empty soap wrapper on the sink, a bottle cap on the floor, and a hair in our ice bucket. I politely asked if we could switch rooms and was promptly switched to a different room, no problem. However, it was the same story, not clean. The front desk called to ask if we were satisfied and I again explained that it seemed that the room had not been cleaned well. She apologized, personally walked up to our room and presented me with yet another room that was upgraded and asked me to check the room with her there. This room was an improvement. However, when I stay in a hotel, I expect not to find any hairs at all and this seemed to be an impossibility. We decided to suck it up for one night and thanked her for her help. The housekeeper was the same in all three rooms according to the welcome card left on the the table. I hope they can find a better housekeeper soon and redeem themselves.

Room Tip: Don't dismiss Red Roof Inn, but beware of this particular Red Roof. It is older, outdated, and n...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI273, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! Even though we were unable to provide you with a problem free stay, I do appreciate your honesty as we use all feedback to help beter serve our guests. I hope that the next time you visit Jamestown/ Falconer we will be able to provide you a room truly worh the value of the Red Roof Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Avis, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The front desk staff, and especially Wanda, was flexible and helpful. The room was clean and spacious and the bed was comfortable. Having a good pillow to sleep on and a quality shower matter. I highly recommend the Red Roof Inn Jamestown.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JSchwab83
Thank you so much for your lovely review of your most recent experience with us!I am glad that our location convenient for you in your travels around town. I am also happy to hear that our roo was very clean. We love hearing that we were able to provide a stress free check in because we know that the last thing our guests need is an added headache at the end of a long day. Julia
New Hartford, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I enjoyed a quiet, uneventful stay. The hotel is convenient to the highway and to Jamestown and Chautauqua. Everything worked properly (air conditioning, ice machine, bathroom fixtures, etc.), and the bed was comfortable. Front desk staff were very friendly. No complaints! If I return to visit Chautauqua again, I will likely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
RRI273, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Peter good day to you! I wanted to thank you again for staying with us. It is always a pleasure to meet interesting guests from other cultures. The staff here was very excited when I shared your comments with them. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.
Michigan
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Surprisingly busy area. Very good service and accommodations. Friendly helpful personnel note Red Roof has no breakfast or hair dryers in the room. They gave a good tip for breakfast. The king bed was comfortable. Room/bath clean. They had chosen to paint the front entrance. Side entrance was not open. Awkward timing on their part.

Room Tip: no elevator. Our room was at the corner upstairs(just off the lobby). other patrons were noisy whe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent response to our guest survey. We are very pleased to hve you stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Jamestown Falconer and look forward to seeing you again. I have shared your comments with the staff and they are very happy that your stay with us was pleasant.
Seaford, Virginia
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Needing a room for a family reunion in the middle of the season in a summer resort area equals coming face to face with the law of supply and demand. This place is a 1-2 star hotel priced as a 3 star hotel. There are only 5 hotels to choose from within 20 miles of Jamestown and the 3 star hotels (Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites) are priced like a 4 star hotel anywhere else. The place is well worn. The room was an "upgraded king size bed" and was superficially clean since it would be tough to get the years of ground in dirt out. Kind of like a 30 year old house that needs a thorough upgrade. King bed needs king size pillows and the mattress was pretty hard. It was supposed to have a refrig and a microwave but the front desk said "We don't have those kinds of rooms anymore". The sliding door was broken and the coffee tasted like warm dish water. BUT we only paid 125% (vice 250%) of what you would anywhere else just for a place to sleep. Better than the alternatives but given another decent and reasonable cost choice you wouldn't see me here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and letting us be aware of your feedback. It is very important to us to know what our guest our think about our hotel so we may grow from their respones. We certainly would enjoy a secound chance to show you we are customer service! Please call us and let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future!
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Due to a Scandanavian festival in town we were limited to two choices on our trip to Jamestown for a family reunion. It was the Red Roof for around $80 or the Hampton Inn for $169. We chose the Red Roof cause we figured we would only be sleeping there. Fortunately, that's all we needed it for.

First, the positives: as stated in several reviews the front desk is very nice but all we did was check in so there was nothing for them to be mean about. The bed my daughter and I slept in was comfortable but my son's bed was hard as a rock (fortunately 6 year old's don't know the difference). We had a room with a refrigerator which was helpful. The water pressure in the shower was very good. The first two nights the hotel was very quiet, couldn't hear any other noises so that was great.

Now the negatives: ugh! It was so dirty!! We walked in to check out the bathroom and there was old toothpaste spit in the sink! There was black curly hair in the bathtub and all over the bathroom floor. When you closed the bathroom door there was slime that had dripped down and was stuck there. I never went without shoes on the carpet cause it looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. There were stains on the carpet and the bedspreads and furniture. Maybe we just got a bad room or the person cleaning it wasn't as thorough as others because other reviews say their rooms were clean. Not ours. Not at all.

The real kicker was on our last night there was SOO much noise. A large group of people came in at 3 am and I would have to guess they were intoxicated because no rational people would be screaming and carrying on like this group was and not realize there was a whole hotel full of people trying to sleep. They had TVs blaring all around us and were obnoxious. My parents were on the other side of the hotel and there were people from the same group over there as well so the whole bottom floor of the hotel was treated to this. As I layed in bed I considered my options 1. Get out of bed and go out to the hall and ask them to be quiet and risk being on the front headlines of the news the next morning 2. Call the front desk. My thoughts on this were: it's a small hotel, if there is anyone out there awake and working they are hearing it and obviously don't care or they aren't going to answer the phone. I opted on staying safe in the bed and laying there for about an hour and a half listening to their shenanigans. It was ridiculous.

In the end we stayed for 3 nights at $240 compared to $500 (and free breakfast) at the Hampton and we survived. Would I go back again? Never.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms have outside access so that is helpful in loading or unloading your car.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RRI273, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Good day to you valued guest. We as a team are sorry that your stay was not what it should have been and we invite you back. We take everyone's comments serious and want everyone to return to our hotel. The staff here is wanting to be the number #1 hotel in the area even if we are not the most up-dated. So let us know if there is anything we can do to assist with showing you we are #1.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We found this place to be very good. The bed was comfortable, room was clean, hotel was easy to find, the staff was friendly, pleasant and helpful. If there is a fault to be found it is with the old carpet in the room. The humidity in the area makes it tough to keep things fresh when the rooms are closed up all day. Fortunately for us, our room was ground floor with sliding doors to the outside. After ten or so minutes with the door open and air conditioning at high, the room was pretty fresh and not at all problematic for us. For being next to the interstate, the room was surprisingly quiet. Best part for us was no worries about bugs! It was clean!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello again. Thanks for staying with the Red Roof Inn Jamestown Falconer. This team was so happy to see you and look forward to seeing you again. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future and it will be our pleasure to assist you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falconer
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Dunkirk

Been to Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer? Share your experiences!