“Good and inexpensive for a spur of the moment overnight trip”

Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Falconer
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This was a rather impromptu trip for my husband I. He had a business meeting in Jamestown and I had never been there, so we decided I should tag along and maybe stay overnight so we could see some of the sights the next day.

We chose the Red Roof Inn in Falconer because everything in Jamestown was fully booked due to Justice Roberts' visit to the Jackson Center. Also, any rooms that remained available where more expensive than what I was willing to pay. Fortunately, the reviews were good and the location, while outside of Jamestown was still good for our purposes.

The hotel lived up to my expectations. Not luxurious but had all the typical hotel room amenities. Everything was clean and the staff was friendly. The surroundings were quiet at night, eventhough it too was fully booked with families and fishermen.

Location was good, as it is right off the highway to various sites on Chatauqua Lake. If I ever came again and had more time, I would lovey to stay at a rental house or waterfront inn, but for this trip, the Red Roof Inn worked perfectly for us.

• Stayed: May 2013
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Red Roof Inn Jamestown / Falconer. It is always a pleasure to have guests that have a great stay with us. The team here is very excited when they look at their reviews. They are also eager to hear if there is anything we can do to make your stay better for you! Just let us know and come back and see us soon.. The staff......

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Nothing over the top for this one night stay, but it was a really nice stay!! We got in late, and the lady was so nice to us!! She gave us a room on the first floor, because we had bikes on our van, and wanted to be near them. We had a car parked in front of our room, so she gave us another great room right away, so we could still see our bikes!! Then the gentleman in the morning was very helpful too, and gave suggestions of places to visit on our bike trip......... They didn't have decaf in the lobby, but gave us extra packages for the room, so it was fine!!
No breakfast though. But it was still very nice for $62. Could be a bit cleaner, but for the price it was really good. We would return!!

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms have a sliding glass door, for easy entry.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI273, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Hello there and thank you again for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn Falconer. It was a pleasure to have you with us. My staff will be very proud to hear about your survey for them. We always invite you back to stay with us in the future and certainly phone us if there is anything we can do for you. From the staff at Red Roof.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The staff at the Red Roof Inn could not have been any nicer. The room was spotless and and they even extended my check out time to accommodate a job interview I had later in the day. Wanda and Michael, members of the Red Roof Inn staff were very responsive to my questions and very thorough with their answers. General Manager Julia went above and beyond what I think great customer service is. If you are in the area, the Red Roof Inn is a great choice.

Room Tip: The heat works well and the room has great temperature control.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
RRI273, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Ryan it was a pleasure to have you stay with us! We were very happy to assist during your stay with us. We all wish you good luck with your interview. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future and certainly look forward to seeing you in the future. The staff at the Red Roof Inn Falconer...

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I know it,s bad for you but I am a smoker. This Red Roof HAS smoker rooms.Staff is great I went to the casino in Salamanca and asked for a late check out. Room did not smell like smoke when I arrived also very clean.. Coffee available in lobby 24/7.I would stay again when I am in the area. Great staff & great price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

WOW! thank you for taking the time to fill out this review for us. It was fabulous to have you stay here at the home of Lucille Ball. Maybe next time you are here to stay with us, you will be able to visit the sights. We would be happy to have you. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

After reading the nightmare reviews for Jamestown's budget hotels and not wanting to spend $100 + additional pet fees, we continued east to this location. The Priceline rate for a King bed was $77 (though a deluxe king with a fridge and microwave is $89). There is no additional fee for a pet, which is great. This is definitely a one star hotel, but the clerks were excellent and went above and beyond to make our brief stay pleasant. The night clerk Kerrie recommended a nice pizza joint for delivery. The morning clerk hand delivered a fax. Very nice! Room was large, pillows were soft but full. Very clean with just the few usual stray hairs in the bathroom (which are requisite to even expensive facilities.). It didn't appear to be a pet designated room. Floor was clean. Perfect place for pet travelers with extensive grass surrounding the hotel. Adequate parking for at least one semi if u are a commercial driver. Also accommodated a pickup with a long trailer. Only downsides: very smoky odor upon entering and in the hallways. It didn't smell in the room though. Towels were pretty thin. Wi-fi was incredibly slow! Many contractors staying in the hotel who were a little rowdy in the lobby. (I felt bad for the evening clerk!). Otherwise, we would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2013

Good day there our pet friendly guest! It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I will certainly share your kind comments with my valued staff. This will make their day. We will look forward to seeing you in the future and please let us know if there is anything we may assist you with. Also remember that "Lucy Week" is coming up in August and we do packages on an over night with tickets. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Falconer several times and every time I have been treated very well. From check-in to check-out the staff was responsive and went beyond the expected to make sure my stays were comfortable. The rooms were clean, comfortable and not bad for the rate! My last stay a had a slight problem with the micorwave and refrigerator in my room. Kristy, who was on duty, went way beyond the expected and literally dragged replacements to my room. So my experiences at the Red Roof Inn in Falconer, NY have all been very good, the staff has been great, the rooms were clean and comfortable and I would and will stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Good day to you are valued guest! thank you for taking the time to fill out a guest review. We ae very pleased to hav received a great score from you. We take pride in guest satisfaction here at our hotel, and we want to continue to provide great customer service to you and everyone of our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us, and hope that it will be as good as the last time. Thank you again for staying with us. The staff at the Red Roof Inn Jamestown / Falconer.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I live in Olean and work in Jamestown. I had to stay in Jamestown because of the weather and I only had the uniform I had on. The night clerk nicely washed it for me and dropped it at my room so it was ready when I had to go back to work the next morning. This hotel is pleasant, clean, and a great value.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank tiggerific2u
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

We are also suprised and very honored whenever we read another Tripadvisor review commenting on the cleanliness of the rooms and our great customer service. I will share your comments with the staff as they do work really hard to make everyone feel comfortable when they stay at our hotel. I hope you get another chance to visit with us in Jamestown / Falconer. Thank you again. Julia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falconer
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown

Been to Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer? Share your experiences!