“Gelato yum yum”

Royal Cafe
Ranked #24 of 97 Restaurants in Fairport
“Gelato yum yum”
Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

When we want a treat I take my girls to Royal Cafe. It never disappoints. For a small dish of gelato you can sample 3 different flavors. It's great to be able to sample ahead of time which they will gladly do too! The women who run it are kind and sweet. They brought over free cookies to try while we were eating. After traveling to Italy when I get my gelato cravings I go here. Definitely try this if you want to change up your ice cream cravings.

Rochester, New York
“What a joke!!!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Having spent 7 weeks in Europe last year, I was able to have more than my share of gelato, both in Italy and in other parts of Europe. The so called gelato at the Royal Cafe was a far cry from anything I've ever had. It was very disappointing.

Victor, New York
“Gelato here we come!”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

What a great place to find gelato! It is right on main and the gelato is made right there. You even can get spagetti gelato complete with meat balls! We found it by accident and have been going back ever since. The gelato reminds me of being in Italy!

Visited October 2011
Buffalo NY
“Amazing Gelato”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I ended up missing the bus back to Buffalo, so my friend and I went to Royal Cafe for gelato at his urging.

It's a short drive from Rochester, and in a beautiful canalside community called Fairport.

The owner was in the middle of closing due to the day being cold and overcast, but gave us a chance since we came in from Rochester to try out the gelato.

I tried the pumpkin flavor, and was hooked on the creamy, smooth gelato. My dining partner opted for a sampling of the amaretto and peanut butter/chocolate flavors.

Prices were very reasonable, since this was gourmet, and NOT ice cream at all.

Will look forward to stop there again, maybe in the summer next year!

• Visited October 2011