“Still doing what they do best”

Durf's Family Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 106 Restaurants in Fairport
Reviewed April 4, 2015

We visited Durf's recently with a party of eight including 7 and 5 year old brothers. The server, Ruth, takes everything in stride and is never put out with a large party and is super with the kids. Durf's still puts out some awesome food at reasonable prices. "The Whammy" is my personal favorite. An egg sandwich on a roll with your choice of cheese and meat. It comes with only one piece of sausage but it should be noted the sausage is about "EIGHT INCHES IN DIAMETER!!!!!" That'll do! Prices are very reasonable and it's a feel good place with some great workers!

Date of visit: April 2015
4  Thank Pete H

Reviewed March 5, 2015

Durf's is a Fairport institution that draws regular "trucker" style patrons for breakfast that hang around and talk after (the only time I have been there). I have been there about 4 times and food is consistent and good. Prices are reasonable. Their home made corn beef hash is terrific.
For other meals the patron mix is likely different as they have a back dining room which likely attracts a wide varitey of patron for dinner.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed February 25, 2015

I have lived in the area for over 40 years and until I found Durf's I went to Riki's. Then I found Durf's after a tip from a Fairporter. Durf's is off the main street and you have to be an explorer or clued in by a local to find it.
This place is a real throwback with animal heads on the wall, etc. They are open for breakfast and lunch. Everything is homemade. The staff are quite helpful and friendly.The breakfast menu is extensive and served all day! You won't go away hungry! The service is great but sometimes there is a line of folks waiting to get in. BUT, the chili is to die for and very reasonably priced.
The best part vis-a-vis Riki's is that I can go to the toilet without holding my nose.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed October 25, 2014 via mobile

Lines aren't always bad - in Durf's case they speak to how people feel about this diner. Great breakfast food. My personal favorite is the eggs Benedict but they've always got some new special to try. I love how you can pour yourself a cup of coffee or two while you're waiting. The wait is never too long. The servers have always been nice. Fast service.

1  Thank Laurasusy
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Seven of us went to breakfast at Durf's based on my daughter's recommendation. Durf's atmosphere isn't much but the food was outstanding. Lots of daily specials to say nothing of homemade bread, jams, pancakes, waffles, etc. I chose one of their specials; corned beef and potatoes. It was the best I had ever tasted since it was made from corned beef brisket. If you ordered homemade bread toasted you got a little container of homemade jam. I would go there again for breakfast. I can't speak to their other meals.

Date of visit: August 2014