“Why is Durf's behind Riki's?”

Durf's Family Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 106 Restaurants in Fairport
Reviewed February 25, 2015

I have lived in the area for over 40 years and until I found Durf's I went to Riki's. Then I found Durf's after a tip from a Fairporter. Durf's is off the main street and you have to be an explorer or clued in by a local to find it.
This place is a real throwback with animal heads on the wall, etc. They are open for breakfast and lunch. Everything is homemade. The staff are quite helpful and friendly.The breakfast menu is extensive and served all day! You won't go away hungry! The service is great but sometimes there is a line of folks waiting to get in. BUT, the chili is to die for and very reasonably priced.
The best part vis-a-vis Riki's is that I can go to the toilet without holding my nose.

Date of visit: February 2015

Reviewed October 25, 2014 via mobile

Lines aren't always bad - in Durf's case they speak to how people feel about this diner. Great breakfast food. My personal favorite is the eggs Benedict but they've always got some new special to try. I love how you can pour yourself a cup of coffee or two while you're waiting. The wait is never too long. The servers have always been nice. Fast service.

1  Thank Laurasusy
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Seven of us went to breakfast at Durf's based on my daughter's recommendation. Durf's atmosphere isn't much but the food was outstanding. Lots of daily specials to say nothing of homemade bread, jams, pancakes, waffles, etc. I chose one of their specials; corned beef and potatoes. It was the best I had ever tasted since it was made from corned beef brisket. If you ordered homemade bread toasted you got a little container of homemade jam. I would go there again for breakfast. I can't speak to their other meals.

Date of visit: August 2014
2  Thank Charann102
Reviewed July 20, 2014

One of the local places to go for breakfast with good food, a throwback atmosphere and friendly service. The coffee is always hot and be sure to check the specials.

Date of visit: June 2014
1  Thank ARTraveler950
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Durf's a great place to catch breakfast of lunch. It is a hole-in-the-way atmosphere but the service is good and it is definitely a family-friendly restaurant. Breakfast are very good. They have a daily special board and I recommend looking along with the menu. They board features some outrageous pancakes worth trying.

Date of visit: December 2013