“Delicious Italian meal”

Dining options: Reservations
Minooka, Illinois
“Delicious Italian meal”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Visited with a family that lives in the area, as I live in Chicago. This place was great! I was satisfied with the atmosphere of the place. It felt like a home. The prices aren't overly expensive ethier! At our table of 5, (which I would get a reservation) as appetizers we ordered the clams & calamari. Both gone within minutes. The clams were good. Just like any other clam. The calamari was crispy and light. I ordered the lobster ravioli which came with a house salad. Was very yummy! Also ordered was two gnocchi with meat sauce, and they were HUGE plates. The gnocchi wasn't two hot where it wasn't eatable, but wasn't too cold. Perfect temperature. The butterfly shrimp was DELICIOUS, and when I say that, I mean super good. Try this place, you wont be disappointed!

1 Thank Michaela R

Penfield, New York
“Good food, average prices, nice place but WAY too loud!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I have gone to this location of Mr. Dominic's twice now (once in June and once in July). I like the building they are in. The food is good. Plan on spending about $25 to $30 a person for dinner depending on drinks, appetizers and such.
The first visit we were seated downstairs. It is near their bar and it was wayyyyy too loud. We took my father there for father's day and he has trouble hearing to begin with. It was impossible to communicate. But the food was good so we went again. This time we asked to be seated upstairs. To my dismay it was possibly even louder! Even the waitress had trouble hearing. Also, the second time we went we noticed the portions were substantially smaller for everyone. I'm not sure if that was just a coincidence or a real trend.
With that said, I may....or may not go back. There are some other good choices around town.
I guess you should go and try it for yourself, but be warned.
Also, getting in and out of the place is a pain. A small entry way and terrible waiting area. I believe they are planning on changing that around, but for now it isn't good.
To sum it up.....
Good food
reasonable to slow service
not expensive, but definitely not cheap
nice building
terrible noise control
staff is basically friendly

• Visited July 2014
Victor, New York
“Not a chip off the old block”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were very excited about having a Dominick's on the East side. I grew up eating at the Dominick's by the lake. We visited on a Sunday night and although the food was good it did not come close to meals past at the original Dominick's. The atmosphere and service were very nice.
We will give it another try, but both of our meals were pedestrian. I have a Veal dish and my wife had Pesto pasta with some shrimp. Both meals lacked a great deal of flavor.

• Visited June 2014
Rochester, NY
“Atmosphere - amazing, Food - good!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Everyone is raving about the Mr. Doninic's in Fairport. We went on a Wed. night and had reservations. It was a good thing we called ahead, it was very busy. We still needed to wait a bit, but that was not a problem. We were seated upstairs in one of the main living areas of the old house. It is just beautiful and elegant on the first floor of the DeLand House (Green Lantern Inn). The former establishment was more of a party house, not a restaurant. Because of that, many people have not been able to enjoy the older part of the house - it is a real treat. I am so glad that the new owners are taking advantage of it's beauty to make a very elegant dining experience. Kudos!!! Now the food. I know I will be in the minority here, as Mr. Dominic's reputation is for amazing food, but I was disappointed in my meal. I had Shrimp Scampi on linguine. The shrimp was too peppery (spicy hot) and and linguine was dry. My husband, had a special with lobster alfredo and loved his meal. We will be back, of course, it is a very special place to dine, but, I will probably order a more traditional Italian meal.

• Visited July 2014
The Villages, Florida
“Could easily become Rochester's Restaurant of Choice”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The new Mr. Dominic's in Fairport has the one thing I liked about the original in Charlotte (the best Italian food,) but none of the things I DIDN'T like about the Charlotte location (crowded, noisy, no waiting area, lousy environment). This second location is far superior in every way, and could easily become Rochester's restaurant of choice, I stuck to my favorite classic, Veal Amrondo, and it was as excellent as ever (the leftovers the next day were just as delicious too!). Service in Fairport was far more professional and attentive, and the atmosphere of the old Green Lantern is pleasant and spacious. For years, I was willing to forgive so much about Mr. Dominic's in Charlotte, just because I liked their Italian food so much. Not any more, I'm headed to Fairport instead. Where the Charlotte location is just a place to eat, the new location truly is a great place to dine. I predict Mr. Dominc's in Fairport will soon become Rochester's #1 restaurant.

• Visited June 2014