“Best restaurant in Fairport,NY”
Review of Joey B's - CLOSED

Joey B's
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Fairport, New York
“Best restaurant in Fairport,NY”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Joey B's is my favorite restaurant in Frpt. The food is consistently outstanding, large portions, & great value for the money (ck. out their $18 3- course dinner special) . The servers are friendly, helpful, & responsive without being intrusive. Interesting drink & food specials daily. Wonderful atmosphere - if possible, get a seat by the window or in the summertime out on the deck. You can check out all the activity on the canal...

Visited October 2013

Rochester, New York
“We had a wonderful meal!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our group of 13 were seated very promptly as per our reservations. We ordered a assortment of the different meals from the menu. My pork tenderloins were delicious and my husbands salmon was one of the best he has ever had. The vegetables of the day tasted fresh and very well done.
I had scalloped potatoes with my meal which I rarely find in restaurants, and couldn,t believe my good luck. Our waitress was very patient with us and even gave us separate checks, as requested, without a grumble. I will go back anytime.

• Visited October 2013
Rochester, NY
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

What a disappointment. I had some sort of scallop dish. It was served in the baking dish and looked sumptuous. But there were only six thin pieces of scallops in the dish. I say pieces because I think it was actually two full scallops that had been sliced into three pieces each. At best it was three scallops sliced in half. All swimming in enough sauce for a couple of dozen scallops. The accompanying rice was some sort of instant rice, not the real stuff. The veggie medley contained some good items but something that I think was supposed to roasted peppers that were incredibly bitter. The side salad was pedestrian. Rolls was some sort of soft, cheap bakery items -- they couldn't even buy rolls at Wegmans?! And the chocolate mousse dessert torte was lousy. All in all a bad meal.

• Visited September 2013
Livonia, New York
“Fruit flies”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Well, our reservations were made. We arrived in plenty of time to see them realized. Alas, it would be yet another almost hour for us to sit down. Sit down? Why yes, not at a bar where you could enjoy a drink prior, but in the cold confines of the hallway to the local canal boat tour company. But enough of the ambience of the dirty water the fish tank in the hallway had to offer.
So we finally get seated. Wait, what? No key for the sardine can closeness we're offered to the table next to us? Shame, the key would have been to leave then.
So we place our drink orders, in our party of 7 only 1 beer & glass of wine were ordered.
They crawl out soon enough. Curious why it took so long as that jerry rigged "bar" was visible just feet away.
We place our food orders. Appetizers arrive. Those that ordered the salads were all disappointed. Perhaps the kitchen would notice how many came back uneaten.
Entrees arrive. Well yeah, edible. Pork special ("enjoyed" by 3 of the group) was over cooked.
Best part of the evening? Seeing how many fruit flies we could capture. Actually it wasn't much of contest as they were so numerous.
Not sure if they were entering the facility through the ceiling. Ceiling with the renewal look metal sheets attempting to cover the holes.
Upside to all of this?
Joey picked up the bar tab. Both the beer & the glass of wine! Thank you!
Oh, the Colonial Belle cruised past the venue while we were dining. Most folks onboard appeared to be smiling. Was it the cruise or the food that brought the frown upside for them? Sadly we missed the boat on this dinner.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, NY
“Surprisingly Good Food with a Great View”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I knew that Joey's had a good reputation but their bland dining room was a turn-off to me. With the warm weather and the opening of the outside deck overlooking the Erie Canal that negative goes away. Often places with outside spaces and nice views have average food but that is not true here. The French inspired dishes our group ordered were generally very good such as the pork tenderloin and the scallops. The Gravlox appetizer was excellent. The beef tenderloin was a bit overdone and a too heavily sauced, the mustard was overpowering. Overall the meals here are a very good value with soup or salad included. The service felt a bit slow and deliberate but in the end it was a decent pace.

• Visited August 2013