“Time to dine at the Towpath Cafe!”
Review of Towpath Grille

Towpath Grille
Ranked #16 of 100 Restaurants in Fairport
Cuisines: American
Description: In the heart of the village of Fairport. We proudly offer our full service restaurant with a beautiful dining room and canal side deck. We offer dine in, facilities for your events, catering service, and take out.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The deck is open and the weather is good. Couldn't be a better time to dine at the Towpath along the canal in Fairport, NY. My husband and I went there and were again very pleased with our meal. His salad was crisp and fresh and the sandwich was equally as good. I had the chicken, artichoke and spinach pannini which was so.... delicious. I have to admit I have had it before :-) as well as several other things, but this sandwich is my fav. The menu is the same so far, but, from what I heard from conversations at other tables, they are going to have a new menu soon. I hope they do not eliminate anything, because everything I have had there is very good. If you have not been there before, you are in for a treat. I am not up-to-date on the music venue at this coffee and wine bar, but I understand they have some great music on the weekends.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I recently had lunch at the Towpath Cafe. It must be more fun to eat there in the summer, sitting outside by the canal. Eating there in November was "odd." It was very quiet in there, no music, small indoor dining area. We only saw 1 employee doing all the work. (serving customers, cleaning tables, cashing people out) Since there was just 1 employee doing everything, our service was kinda slow. I would have ordered dessert but there's wasn't time. My sandwich was very good. (turkey panini with cranberry/cheese) My husband didn't love his hamburger. It was cooked enough but seemed like it was a frozen patty. We might return in the summer but not anytime soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Enjoy a full menu with comfortable cozy environment. Steps from Erie Canal - and dozens of shops. Fresh everything

1  Thank TheDuckDriver
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Ate here a few weeks ago (after the D&C reviewed the place - it was actually my request that put TowPath Cafe on TripAdvisor!). Sat out on the deck overlooking the Erie Canal. Very good service and very good food. We listened to the 3 piece musical group that were excellent. Very nice place to hit - esp. when you want to sit outside during a Rochester summer (or spring, or fall) evening.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We ate here last night at the cruise-in in Fairport. Harvest salad was tasty. Beef on a wick was small and served with a few crinkle cut "previously frozen" fries. Nothing special on that one. Our server was very pleasant. Service was extremely slow- 45 minutes to get the meal and they wee not overly busy. Kitchen help probs. The owner was out cooking hots and hamburgs in the parking lot. He should have been in the kitchen helping out.

1  Thank Chris D