“Varied Menu”

Dining options: Reservations
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Varied Menu”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

It was so refreshing to sit down and see a variety of menu options. The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable . The portions were a good value for the money, especially since everything was so fresh. My dad had a salad and commented how nice it was to taste the distinct flavors without it all melding together and being doused with dressing. I had a pita with garbanzo fritters and vegetables with a nice side salad. My mom had the quiche (goat cheese with caramelized onions) and soup (potato). I sampled all of it and it was evident every last bite was from scratch!

• Visited December 2012

Rochester, New York
“Excellent and Creative”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The chef is very creative. There is a nice variety on the menu.
My husband had the crab cake and it was mostly crab with a little breading. I had Planko crusted Atlantic Cod and likewise there was just enough crust to give it flavor and character. The cod itself was outstanding. I need to go back soon because the ravioli looked delicious and they change the menu every 6 weeks.
Oh, the shrimp toast appetizer was unlike anything I have seen and was outstanding!
It can be chilly in the winter so dress appropriately.
I'll be back.

• Visited November 2012
Fairport, New York
“Five Star all the way!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Exceptional food and service with a menu that changes frequently. The chef uses local food sources with an exceptional dose of creativity. His efforts have drawn rave reviews in local print media.

Visited October 2012
Fairport, N.Y.
“So-so Noon-time spot”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Good food, though nothing exceptional; friendly if marginally competent staff; costs a bit steep considering the previous. I'll go back to see if anything has improved.

Visited April 2012
Rochester, New York
“Cozy cellar”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

It was a very hot day when I visited so the dark, cave like ambience was cool and welcoming. There were four of us for lunch and each found something to our liking on the menu. I ordered the Mediterranean pita. It was very delicious with chick pea fritters that were light and not at all greasy. We were all very pleased with our choices and decided we'd like to try the Cellar Door for dinner.

• Visited July 2012