All reviews church street erie canal modern bath french toast casserole common areas are comfortable within walking distance fabulous stay breakfast was delicious fresh fruit place to stay sitting area short walk front porch home away from home b bs every morning first floor
Reviewed August 7, 2017

Location location location is perfect for this Victorian B&B. Two blocks from the Erie canal Towpath where we rode bikes in the morning from Fairport to Pittsford and cruised on the Colonial Belle in the afternoon to Lock 32. The Inn is near stores, shops, restaurants, gas station and there is night life nearby or on the Erie canal. Pam the owner met us at The Inn as we arrived late. She went above and beyond and assisted us in whatever we needed. Her presentation of breakfast was delightful and delicious, not to mention I am sure we gained a few pounds. The next day, Pam let us check out late so we could freshen up before our long trip. Definitely recommend if you are planning a trip to this area.

Room tip: we stayed in the clay room. comfortable with queen bed and new bath.
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pam R, Owner at The Inn on Church, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Inn. Thank you for your kind words - it was a pleasure to serve you both!

Reviewed August 7, 2017

We loved staying at the Inn on Church in Fairport, NY. Our room was The Newman, a large corner room with a fantastic modern bath (including a really cool shower door). The room had a large closet and also a sitting area in the "turret" part of the room. Our host, Pam, was so very nice and friendly and pleasant. Made our stay great! The Inn has four individually decorated rooms on the 2nd level, all of which are unique. The first floor had ample areas of common seating and the porch was ready for anyone to sit and relax. Within walking distance of the Village of Fairport, lots of cool shops and restaurants, especially along the Erie Canal. We hope to stay again when we visit Fairport.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us - we hope you will return soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Pam was very accommodating and easy to work with. I was scheduled to arrive late in the evening, well after the advertised check-in hours and she had no problem accommodating me. The house is in great condition with very newly updated bathrooms and a fantastic kitchen and dining area. The weekend breakfast service was fantastic and exceeded my expectations. I had some great conversation with Pam and have already recommended the house to several of my friends.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for recommending our inn to others. We hope you will be back to stay again in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

I was in the area to trace my ancestors who lived in nearby Marion. My experience with Pam, the Inn Keeper and the Church on Hill Street was superb. Pam was very helpful in making reservations for the Colonial Belle Boat ride on the Erie .Canal as well as giving directions in where to eat. This facility just opened this year after extensive renovations which preserved the history of the structure but added new bathrooms. All is done tastefully and first class. Breakfast was also very special with fresh fruit plus an egg sandwich cooked to order. Pam is a gracious host and well informed about the fascinating history of the house. There is also the Fairport Craft Beer Brewery just a short walk down Church Street with wonderful indoor and outdoor areas. Don't miss it if you like craft beer in a local atmosphere. This is a very walkable area of town which is an added delight.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I enjoyed hearing about your travels and am so glad that you chose to stay with us as you explored our area. I wish all the best as you continue to trace your family history.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here while biking the Erie Canal Towpath and what a great place to stay. It's right off Fairport's Main Street so you're close to all the great restaurants, shops, Canal and Towpath. I had a spacious room with a beautiful walk in shower that was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. There was even a secure place to stow my bike. Highly recommend!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Pam R, Owner at The Inn on Church, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2017

We are so glad that we had a chance to get to know you and the other cyclists that stayed at The Inn. The whole trek that you folks were on was impressive. Thanks for the review! We hope to see you again someday - perhaps you'll do the Cycle the Erie Canal again next year!