“Excellent great maintenance man.”

Candlewood Suites Watertown Fort Drum
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Evans Mills
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I came to this hotel from a long drive from Florida. I was greeted by a nice women named Melissa. I had checked in then later found I had a problem with my toilet. I called down to the front desk and was greeted by Nicole she had informed me maintenance was leaving soon and didn't want to bother them with the issue.. I found the maintenance man doing his rounds and I asked him if he could look at my toilet. He stopted what he was doing and fixed it in no time at all. I work for a construction company an offered him a full time position on my team he replied back that he loved his job and couldn't be happier anywhere else. I just want to say I don't think u could find a better maintenance guy that was as professional as Lee was or as skilled as he is. Im very happy to say I will be staying here every time I'm in the area. Even though I had an issue with Nicole. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I travel a lot for work and stayed at the Candlewood Suites Watertown/Fort Drum and found that it is a great place to stay. Melissa and Cathy who work at the front desk are very friendly, competent, and extremely hard working they made my stay here very enjoyable, almost like a home away from home. The maintenance personnel, especially Kyle, and cleaning staff are very efficient and always willing to lend a hand. Overall a really great place to stay one that I would stay at again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Was told that most hotels in Ft Drum have thin walls, but this one was different. Seems like its a great hotel. But I had a few problems. One was the wake up call I did not recieve...but I was woken up once the neighbor made a noise thru the wall. I had no idea what that noise was. I got ready to go, started shaving and turned on the hot water. Then I heard that noise. It was the pipes in the wall from the hot water. The room number was 320, in case management is reading. Of course no breakfast, so I got a subway sandwich at the nearby Walmart.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Divebabydive
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear jetlag89,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is delightful to know that you found our property to be convenient for your needs. I am sorry your stay was negatively affected by the noise levels that you experienced. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 10, 2013

After a triing day and a bumpy trip due to car problems I booked my family a room for 2 nights here. Melissa greeted us and our 3 yr old Siberian Husky Ginger with a huge smile. Melissa and the Staff went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable. I am grateful to the staff and Management for offering a warm welcome not only for me and my family but our 4 legged family member as well. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The staff was friendly from the minute I called regarding the reservation. My nephew was deploying for Afghanistan very early in the morning so we needed something with lots of room and close to the base. This hotel covered both. The room was spacious and very nice. There is a convenience store right on the premises with anything and everything that you would want or need. When he returns, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank smithfamily-2nd
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Many Watertown area motels/hotels were booked, a few that had rooms were too costly for me, happened to stop here early in the morning as I needed a room for that evening and lucky for me they had a few cancellations, price was reasonable.

Room Tip: This is an extended stay facility, but does rent nightly if they have space. No pool or restaurant...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed in other suites before so I was looking forward to staying here. First off....all of the other ones we stayed at had wonderful hot breakfast buffet type meals...NOT THIS ONE. The room was very, very small and we barely had room to set up the baby's port-a-crib. The price was ok for a suite, but the hotel we stayed at the night before was $53 cheaper,bigger, and nicer.

The staff was very friendly,the room was clean and they even offer to give ou exactly the kind of pillow you want to make you comfortable (feather,foam,or firmer).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bunkyz1
CWS_GM_13637, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We apologize that your experience with us did not meet your expectations, but appreciate all guest feeback. Candlewood Suites is an extended stay hotel, we want our guests to feel like they are at a "Home Away from Home". We provide each of our rooms with a full kitchen to do so. I am glad to hear that your experience with the hotel staff was great! Thanks again for your feedback!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Evans Mills
Hilton Garden Inn Watertown/Thousand Islands
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 14 in Watertown

Been to Candlewood Suites Watertown Fort Drum? Share your experiences!