“great place-very comfortable and clean”

Candlewood Suites Leray-Watertown
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Evans Mills
Toronto, Canada
“great place-very comfortable and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

close to restaurants and shopping and route 81
rooms were very comfortable beds were clean bathroom great
small kitchen is great and very adequate
reception was friendly

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CWS_GM_13637, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Leray-Watertown, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forwrad to welcoming you back again sometime!

Christy Zawatski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ocean City, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

Poor insulation between floors. I have staying here all of April and still have another month to go before I get a peaceful nights sleep at home. Apparently this Pet Friendly hotel allow dogs in all rooms as opposed to an assigned floor or area.The family staying above me have a barking dog and young children both who are constantly running and dropping items on the floor late into the night. At times it like the Calgary Stampede. For the last 4 nights I have asked to be moved. At first management told me the family is only here for 2 nights, and then we will try to move you. In the Future I will only stay here or any Candlewood Suites if on the top floor, unless I bring my dog and grandkids.

Room Tip: If you have no Pets DEMAND A ROOM on the Top Floor
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RicBertsch
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We do try to accommodate families on first floor rooms to prevent the noise from traveling through to guests below. We do tend to stay very busy, so this is somtimes difficult. We would be happy to accommodate any requests like yours.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

I would not recommend staying at this hotel unless you want to stay at a place with a rude staff and housekeeping that doesn't do their job correctly. Let me begin with the staff. EXTREMELY rude. They were loud and obnoxious in the hallways during the early hours of the morning. They would stand around talking loudly, laughing obnoxiously, cussing, not caring what they were saying or who heard them. They were talking and acting as if they were not in a public place. The front desk were very snooty. The fourth day we were there, my room key was not working, and I needed to get into my room since I had a basket full of laundry, so I asked if they could help me get into my room. The lady pretty much snatched the key from my hand, programmed it, and then gave it back to me without one word. I said thank you, I received a, "Mmhm." She didn't even look up from what she was doing or smiled once. She was piling papers at the desk. She made me feel like I was a bother just by asking for help with my key. I understand people have off days, but come on. That was just beyond rude. I was shocked at how rude the staff was, honestly. I read reviews about how nice Candlewood was, which is why we chose to stay, but our stay was anything but enjoyable when our room didn't get the attention from housekeeping that we were guaranteed and when staff was unfriendly. I was told that our room would get "full" cleans and "light" cleans, but the time that we stayed, our sheets were not changed except once, and that's because I, MYSELF, tore the sheets off the beds and threw them in a pile on the floor before housekeeping came, so they had no choice BUT to change the sheets. I also noticed that they sometimes did not change our old towels for new ones, rather they picked up the old ones from the floor and folded them as if they were clean. I could tell because some were still damp when I'd go to use one. As for cleanliness, I'm not sure what cleaners they're using but it makes the entire room smell terribly. I went and bought a couple air fresheners to get rid of the smell. The bath tub had scum buildup. I felt as if I needed to clean the place myself, which most of the time, during our stay, I did. I was not pleased with this hotel. I definitely think that management and housekeeping need to work on their attitudes and how they do their jobs but that's just my opinion.

The only positive thing I have to say is there's a Walmart within walking distance, located right next to Candlewood, not to mention some restaurants nearby, and Fort Drum is close by. Less than a five minute drive to main post and about a fifteen minute drive to the airfield.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
7 Thank DeirdreMazza
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

This is an extended stay hotel with a good functional mini-kitchen. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was nice size. Upon arrival, the bathroom needed some attention (clogged drain, moldy shower curtain, and some other minor details.) I gave the front desk a list before I left the property one morning and when I returned in the afternoon, all had been taken care of. About the only thing I did not like about the room was an uncomfortable desk chair and a small work station. They do not provide breakfast, but with the kitchen and a nearby Super Walmart, it was easy enough to make my own breakfast. Because it is an extended stay hotel, housekeeping is on a limited basis, but when they did tidy up the room, they did a good job. They also have a good laundry room with free washers and dryers and a small workout facility that is in good condition. Nothing fancy about this property, but it is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Stone711
Grand Rapids
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

The service was poor. They held funds in my checking account because I didn't arrive before 9pm. If you use a debit card that will be about $140-$170 that will be tied up until they do the actual billing a couple of days after check out. I was not happy. There was no breakfast besides the frozen sandwich that could be purchased. No pool. No hottub. Nothing in particular special. The bathroom door wouldn't lock. The bed was harder than a board. I can say that I think even though very new the hotel was built with cheap products. It was evident in the trim in the rooms. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone!

Is right across the street from Fort Drum. I liked it's close proximity to Fort Drum but that was all I liked about it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank AwayaVideoShops
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

Overall good experience. Room was very clean and comfortable for the price. Had access to free internet, laundry room and fitness center. Unfortunately, there is no continental breakfast at this hotel. They do occasionally offer free food for their guests. It's a little pricey (139.99/night) considering there isn't much to do in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
CWS_GM_13637, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Leray-Watertown, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to share with other guests your view on Candlewood Suites Watertown/Fort Drum. We strive to provide oustanding service and accommodations. I hope that you get the chance to visit us again soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

On a recent Tuesday, Wednesday stay at this Candlewood Suites I was very disappointed in the whole experience. The room was dirty, the staff was not friendly, the room was cramped, there was no breakfast in the morning, and the only amenity that was in the room was a bottle of conditioning shampoo. This place needs some major overhaul in every department. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Watertown
Hampton Inn Watertown
#2 of 14 in Watertown
1000 Islands Harbor Hotel

Been to Candlewood Suites Leray-Watertown? Share your experiences!