“Good food, great views”

Ranked #5 of 5 Restaurants in Essex
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My wife and I usually have lunch there after enjoying the ferry ride to Vermont, which everyone should do since it is one of the more scenic spots on Lake Champlain. This time at the restaurant, I had the Buffalo Shrimp taco with fries and cole slaw, which I enjoyed. My wife had the flat bread which we both liked. Capping off the good food are the views of the Green Mountains across Lake Champlain which we could readily see since we were eating outdoors. While in Essex, make a point to visit the Adirondack Arts Council Gallery which features local artists. I had asked about a painting while at the gallery and the woman who I asked said I should talk to the artist about it since she was right outside, which I did.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This restaurant has really gone down hill. The food is very mediocre and over priced. The salad I ordered was tasteless and unappealing. Our other meals were poorly prepared and marginally edible. This is still a lovely setting, and the bar is probably a good choice, but stopping here for a meal is no longer so unless you don't care what you eat and what you pay for it.

1  Thank hoganBurlingtonVt
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We enjoyed our cocktail and appetizer outside on a lovely evening. Just before our dinner arrived, the 4 piece band with HUGE speakers started to play and we could no longer carry on a conversation. The music was way too loud. We will NOT return to this restaurant for dinner. Impossible to carry on a conversation without shouting.

2  Thank lrvand
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We took the ferry from Vermont to New York. It looked inviting so we stopped in. It was a little tricky finding the driveway. The young staff were very friendly and welcoming. We were seated in the shade near the water. Service was good. We had frozen drinks that were good. The food was good but nothing to rave about. I would recommend eating here.

1  Thank ladybug798
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Old Dock has a great location by the dock of the Essex ferry. Perfect for sharing a conversation with a drink in your hand. Lunch is also a good option with relatively reasonable prices. Our dinners were less successful, the flatbread app was very good however. My spouse had to send her chicken back because it was not grilled as specified on the menu, looked poached or microwaved. The prime ribs were OK. The fish and chips was probably the winner of the four dinners coming as it did with several large pieces of fish and decent chips.
Our young server was most accommodating and did all he could to please our table.
The Old Dock? Location, location, location. Order wisely.

1  Thank appetitetogo