“A Good Economy Motel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Endicott
Rockville, Maryland
“A Good Economy Motel”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family and I stay at this motel once year when we visit family in the Endicott NY area. It is an older motel and it does show it’s age, however the rooms are clean and motel is conveniently located, right off of route 17c. You can adjust the heating and cooling to your liking in the room which is nice during the cold winters in Endicott, NY. Pets are allowed. The rooms have cable, internet, a small refrigerator, a microwave and a hair dryer in the bathroom which is nice for an economy motel. The motel is only two floors. My husband likes the second floor but my mom likes the first floor. No issues with noise. No problems with parking. The staff was helpful. My husband and I had to change rooms because the fire alarm kept beeping, but it was not a major problem. They also brought extra pillows quickly when requested. My mother locked herself out by accident and they immediately provided a new key. I did book the room in advance online and I was able to a good price because I paid in full before my trip.

Room Tip: Request a room over on the east end of the motel because those rooms are enclosed and do not open di...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Okay I am not too hard to please. I realize that when you book a trip through expedia for $32. dollars for the night, that it's not going to be a suite. With that said, I do expect... towels in the room, the toilet bowl to flush more than twice in the course of 25 minutes, and a shower that would not make me feel dirtier than I did when I got in. I can not stress to you enough, how hard the front desk girl was trying to talk me out of staying there.

I should also mention that expedia had the cheapest rate, but after all of the taxes and the extra $5.00 charge for wifi, you're going to walk away paying around $55. I should also mention that I am on the second floor less than 50 feet from the lobby and am only able to barely navigate through webpages with the one bar of signal that I have. Using the wifi on my ipad is out of the question, as the signal is so weak, my brand new ipad doesn't even pull it up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JVP3181
RCIEndicott, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Endicott, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to bring your concern to our attention. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way.
Please accept our sincere apology for the housekeeping and maintenance issues that you encountered during your recent stay. i would like to assure you that these issues have been addressed with the appropriate departments, and the necessary corrective action has been taken.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to serving your lodging needs.

Property Manager

Travelers are raving about these Endicott hotels

Hartwick
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed one night for a concert and room served our purpose our purpose. Across the street from concert. Poor quality mattress. Parking lot attendant did not speak English. Room was clean and fine for older motel. Long wait at check it desk. Overall we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria VA
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Boy, there sure is a difference between a $100-$130 a night hotel, and this room/hotel at $59 a night. And even though base rate was $59, ended up $80 a night after tax and pet fees. So was decent, but not really the best I have stayed in. Definitely an economy type hotel. And not that cheap either.

Rooms were very small, with not really enough room. Felt cramped and things were in awkward positions. Toilet paper roll is behind and to the right of the toilet next to the shower. So you have to twist around to get some paper. Was not convenient. They did have a place to hang your coats, but was in the bathroom sink area. So basically like a super small efficiency apt with a toilet and shower in the closet. No extra room for anything.

Came here for the Redline Cup race at Grippen BMX. Which was super convenient to the hotel. Could almost walk to it. So very good for that. But with 2 bikes, a cooler, luggage, and gear, there really wasn't enough room in the room to walk around, or have things not in your way. The people at Grippen BMX were super nice.

Also was very confusing as Grippen's BMX website has this hotel listed as Roadway Inn, not Red Carpet Inn. So drove around trying to find Roadway Inn, which wasted time. Also, there was no one at the front desk here. You have to to call them and then they come up. Which was ok, but also took a lot of extra time, trying to figure if I was even in the right place, then waiting for the front desk person. And then the guy tells me he doesn't have my reservation that I made 2 months prior. Asked him 3 times about the reservation. Finally he said he found it. Apparently no computer system, as no email confirmation, just a folder w/ paper reservation notes.

The breakfast area was cute. But a little bit lacking. Only 2 options for cereal, cheerios or corn flakes, a few muffins I think, milk, and orange juice. No fruit. But was nice they had it at least. And they had a decent ice machine across from the lobby.

The lamp shade was a little bit coming apart too. The beds and pillows were decent. And they did have HBO on the tv, which was nice. The best thing about the room was the shower head. That was great. Definitely an economy hotel, but at $80 a night in total, not really sure that was economy.

But close to the track, and they take pets, so probably would stay again as the other hotel in town didn't look all that good compared to this one.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 107 behind the stairwell.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
RCIEndicott, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Endicott, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear oquick1,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Red Carpet Inn hotel in Endicott.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing level of service you received during your visit. While we continually strive to improve our facilities and service, the information you share allows us an opportunity to see our operation from your perspective.

We have emailed and called the BMX people to get our name changed on their website so future guests will have no problem finding our place.

Again, I apologize for your inconvenience and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Aleya Majid
Manager
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I booked what I thought was a non smoking room for 3 nights. When I reminded the staff of a non smoking room I was told to call back later. The comforter was blood stained, carpet and chair filthy. I checked out the next morning. Horrible place, staff rude and disrespectful.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank omgnow
Dear omgnow,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way.

Please accept our sincere apology for the housekeeping and service issues that you encountered during your stay. I would like to assure you that these issues have been addressed with the appropriate department, and the necessary corrective action has been taken.

We would like to let you know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously as they tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share you concerns with us. We look forward to serving your lodging needs.

Aleya Majid
Manager
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed January 16, 2012

stayed in this motel for two nights. the room service is horrible, asked for extra pillows but the employee flipped out on me. they dont know how to treat the customer. the bed sheets smelled like they weren't even washed for months. the carpet has smoke stains all over it. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO ANY ONE

Room Tip: go to different motel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank mike y
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2011

don't believe any of the positive comments of this place- they were written by the owners.... so scripted its obvious-- and there is nothing nice about this place other than the lights work and it gets you out of the rain- was staying here during Irene flood on contract work in Binghamton- its your typical haji hotel- they seem pissed that your here- they jacked the rates up to 90 with all the fees knowing that rooms are scarce and its not even a 1/4 star place-- i checked thoroughly for bed bugs.. didn't find any but presume they are working for the CIA and can't be found.. they gotta be in here somewhere-- total dump, over priced .. sleep in your car.. your better off...

Room Tip: find anywhere else...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Floodadjuster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Endicott
Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Apalachin
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal

Been to Red Carpet Inn Endicott? Share your experiences!