“Worse than Second-Rate Mexican Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Los Tapatios

Los Tapatios
Ranked #15 of 85 Restaurants in Endicott
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
“Worse than Second-Rate Mexican Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

First, it took a very long time before we were waited on while the waitresses seemed to be idling behind the counter. When food finally arrived it was tepid, ingredients were cheap, and it wasn't good. There were 6 of us and between us, there were 4 different items, all of which looked like they were serving the cheapest quality food to make a profit. The California burritos came wrapped in tin foil and I actually forgot that it was a chicken burrito since it wasn't evident. Served with it was shredded lettuce and a small slice of under ripe tomato that, when all added in, made the burrito at least appear somewhat substantial, though full of cheap stuff. So, bad service, bad food, We are sorry we wasted an evening out at such a bad restaurant when there are several good places to eat in Endicott.

• Visited April 2013

Vestal, New York
“Great Place for a quick lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

My friends and I occasionally stop by for lunch and are never disappointed. It's best to stop by at 11:30 AM (they open at 11:00) so that you can get your choice of tables (It fills up quickly by 11:45.). Four of us ordered lunch Fajitas. A couple of baskets of chips and salsa were supplied. The food was sizzling hot when served. We were served, ate, and done by 12:20 ... and we didn't feel rushed.

• Visited January 2013
Vestal, NY 13850-1301
“Mexican Gets Real!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We first heard about Los Tapitos Restaurant in Endicott. It offered authentic Mexican dishes at reasonable prices. Tortilla chips and salsa are provided free. We ate there a number of times and were always pleased. Service was very attentive, and food always came hot. We enjoyed tacos (chicken or beef), enchiladas, and chile relleno. As popularity grew, the owners expanded to a second site in Vestal NY near Binghamton University. This location is larger and offers bar seating as well as more tables. Service and food here are also very good. I have no idea how the servers balance all the hot dishes on their arms! The restaurant even offers coupons in the paper.
C Weller, Vestal NY

Visited November 2012
Binghamton, New York
“You can't kill those lil shrimp !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

With my girlfriend in Endicott having lunch . Can't remember what she had ,but all was going well . We split a shrimp cocktail that was truly best I've ever had & uniquely presented &served with saltine crackers then garnished like no other also very fresh & a served with a Mexican cocktail sauce ( for lack of better description) . Tasted AWESOME . Got a T-Bone that was to die for w/ a Mexican sausage gravy (can't remember dish ) . There's only 1 on the menu . It was absolutely killer !!! One problem . As we were enjoying our meal ,and our plates were on table my girlfriend says "ewwwww" . I looked ............. I was sickened as we watched a very lively little shrimp crawling on our table. Of course it wasn't what I think that is . Uh Huh it was . A real live MAGGOT ( looked like a baby shrimp from one I was eating) . The waiter explained he went downstairs to get crackers from a box & he thinks it might have come from there . It was wintertime in December . We were so grossed out we stopped eating. Of course our meal was free & waiter was apologetic. Didn't want to post this ,but I feel obliged as others may have experienced the same as we did . If so ....then if it's an isolated incident ,then so be it .But........ if anyone else has had an experience that was similar in nature and was NOT reporting to the public , mostly because I didn't want to hurt small business ever , let rest of us know . Tonight went to one in Vestal & had a wonderful experience . Sorry to leave all this ,but I would want to know if I had the opportunity . I will say both places have a polite staff & a awesome menu . I will recommend to ALL . I hope they have this problem worked out for good .

• Visited December 2012
Vestal, New York
“Really Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

The chile rellano's here are to die for!! Everything is always good here. Never had a bad meal and you can't beat the prices.

Visited November 2012