“Classic American Italian”

Ranked #8 of 86 Restaurants in Endicott
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I went to Oak's Inn for my graduation dinner after getting a recommendation from a local friend. The restaurant looks nothing like the picture on this website! It's a little shabby outside but upstairs is really nice. Friendly service. I had the veal with artichokes-- it was definitely heavy and the portion was enormous, but it was really good. Homemade pasta was great too.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We love the Oaks Inn and have never been disappointed. Part of what makes this a treasure is it's location and history. Oh the reason the bread is so good is there is a little bakery across the street that only makes bread. If you can find the door you can buy the bread yourself. If you go to The Oaks in the summer go early, walk up the hill and take a ride on the turn of the century carousel. One of several in the county left for people to ride free by Endicott and Johnson who built the area's economy in the early 1900's.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Best filet I've had in a long time. The service has good for how busy he was and the overall atmosphere was really wonderful. I will be making this a monthly visit!

1  Thank becal1428
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am a native of Endicott and have been going to Oaks Inn since I can remember. It's always been popular (make reservations) and the food is quite tasty and a reasonable value - but I have always felt a bit "rushed" during the meal.
... However, this last visit was over the top. No sooner had the meal been placed in front of us than someone was asking how it was (hint: let us take a bite and a couple of chews - when you see us swallow, then you can ask). And we were being tag-teamed by the waitress, bus-boy, and water-boy asking, "Are you through with that?", or "Can I clear that for you?"
... Finally, I told the waitress to back-off, and instructed her on the "knife and fork signalling" for when a person is done with their meal - and asked her to share this information with all of her colleagues. And I also told her to not come again unless I signal her.
... Fortunately, we didn't have any more food coming...

Still a nice place for a good meal and I would recommend it to anyone. And I probably will return after enough time has passed that they will have forgotten who I am.
... My advice; Very politely let the server know you will signal her when you want her attention and have her pass it along. Just tell her you are having a business dinner and need to not be disturbed too often - that should do it.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Climb up the front stairs to a surprise on the main floor of the restaurant. Nice decor. Good menu selection. Great food and service.
Very popular restaurant, would advise a reservation. I tried a few times to just walk in, and was disappointed.

1  Thank William M

Been to Oaks Inn? Share your experiences!