“hotdogs?”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Not sure why the picture is hot dogs but Phil's is known for his great recipe for BBQ chicken. a great family restaurant. Once you taste their chicken you will come back for more.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The food is always great. Service, waiters are friendly and polite.
Kitchen help looks dirty and un-kept. This restaurant is not drug free, witnessing employees "smoking" something in car before going into work. I wouldn't want someone stoned touching or cooking my food.( if thats what they were smoking!)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stopped in for Lunch Buffet on my way to Vestal, the best homemade Food in the area, I liked the soups the Fish the salads and last but not least the Chicken with a unique flavor I never had before. Really inexpensive.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I like this restaurant. If you like chicken this is your place. The buffet has a good selection and the staff is friendly. I've never been here for dinner only for lunch. I don't have anything bad to say about the restaurant (it's more of a diner type place).

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I went to Phil's today for the very first time. I found the chicken to be pretty good, it was a tiny bit dry and my friend said her piece was salty, but I did not notice that. I suspect that Phil's uses the CORNELL RECIPE marinade, just like BROOKS HOUSE OF BBQ in Oneonta does. I like BROOKS chicken better, but I think maybe the only real difference is that BROOKS serves their chicken with bbq sauce on the side. A good BBQ sauce would have made this chicken meal better. No sauce was offered and a waitress did not come around at an opportune time for me to ask about it.

I paid a dollar extra to get the soup, bread and salad bar, and it was well worth it. The actual "green salad" bowl seemed to be salad out of a bag, which is not my favorite thing to see on a salad bar, but the rest of the items seemed fresh, and I enjoyed the potato salad.

Altogether, my meal was six or seven dollars, so I can't complain about the price. I would probably go again but since I saw so many other interesting restaurants in the Endicott area that I would like to try, it might be a long time before I go to Phil's again.

Been to Phil's Chicken House? Share your experiences!