“Pleasantly Surprised...”

Cuisines: Asian
Binghamton, New York
“Pleasantly Surprised...”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I were regular customers of Vincenzo's for many years and sadly, they closed their Restaurant. The positive aspect is that Made In Asia opened up in their place and had their Grand Opening last week and we went for dinner. It was absolutely delicious! I had the cooked Shrimp Teriyaki, which came to our table in a beautiful presentation, white rice, along with a large bowl of Miso Soup, the best I have ever had locally. My husband ordered the Shrimp with Garlic Sauce & Vegetables, which came with white rice and the homemade Shrimp Wonton soup that he raved about.

We had a wonderful friendly greeting when we entered the newly remodeled interior of the restaurant, which is very nicely decorated. Our waiter was so very helpful with explaining the wide variety (and that is not an understatement) of different asian foods that they offer, the service was outstanding and the prices are very reasonable and in the same price range to the other Asian/Sushi Restaurants here locally. They also sell a variety of wine & beer the imported Japanese Sapporo is what my husband ordered and I had a soda.

They have comfortable chairs and tables in a nice small room setting with a relaxing atmosphere. They also have a Sushi bar with stools for seating as you watch the Chef make your Sushi meal. My husband and I are not fond of Sushi but I am sure it is just as good as the cooked dinners that we both enjoyed. As we were leaving, the waiter came over to our table with a $5.00 gift certificate for us in honor of their grand opening to be used at our next visit, what a nice and unexpected surprise. It is a very clean restaurant and we highly recommend you give Made In Asia a try...I honestly do not think you will be disappointed. This was our first of many visits to come I am sure, that we will definitely be returning patrons.

• Visited September 2012