“It was fun and free”

West Endicott Park Carousel
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Endicott
More attraction details
Owner description: This carousel was built in 1929, and is known for the rare Herschell dogs and pigs.
USA
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“It was fun and free”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We ventured to the park and went on the carousel. Teenagers running the carousel seemed like they didn't want to be there. They were too busy playing with their phones. It was a fun attraction, what more could you want for free?

Visited July 2013

Endicott, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“West Endicott Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I grew up on Swartwood Ave., Endicott so us kids were always at this park and because I love this area so much, I purchased my home within walking distance of this park. My granddaughter, who is six now, is a regular visitor to the park. The new playground is wonderful!! Having a beautiful carousel so close to home is something to really appreciate. The George W. Johnson park on the north side of Endicott is another gem. Nice pool and beautiful carousel.

Visited August 2013
Endicott, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Family park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

A small family park with picnic tables, a small kiddy pool, and a wonderful Carousel. One of six that we are so fortunate to have her.

Visited September 2012
139 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 246 helpful votes
“Lovely Old Carousel.........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

A friend and I went to the West Endicott Park in Endicott, New York today to see the old carousel. When we arrived, the park seemed to be closed, and the carousel house was closed up. I was about to drive away when my friend Carol saw two workmen and called out to them. They offered to open up the carousel house so we could go in and see it. They turned on the lights and we spent five or ten minutes walking around it and taking pictures. They told us that the carousel is open to the public between Memorial Day and Labor Day. So, we missed it by several days or a week. I hope to return someday when it is open.

Visited August 2012
Binghamton, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“The Original Carousel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

A historic carousel located in Endicott, NY that was purchased in 1929. It was constructed by the Allan Herschell Company.

This is one of six carousels donated to the citizens of Broome County by George F. Johnson (1857–1948), president of Endicott Johnson Corporation. This is the original park with the original Carousel that is still up and running. My mother who is 85 years young enjoyed this park as a child, I enjoyed it as a child and now our grandchildren are enjoying it. It also has a newly built and clean child swimming pool (up to 3 feet). The park is filled with plenty of swings, slides, sand play area, picnic area and tennis courts. A must stop if in the area.

Visited August 2012