“Good Value for Money in an area with Expensive Accomodation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Elmsford

Days Inn Elmsford
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
San Francisco, CA
“Good Value for Money in an area with Expensive Accomodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

I recently went to Tarrytown for a few days to support a few colleagues on a small project. Since I was on a tight budget, I had to find a cheap hotel room, and after looking at the options, this hotel had one of the cheapest rates in the area. I expected a dingy motel, but I got a clean room (nothing fancy), good wi-fi, a shower that worked, and a few bagels/donuts in the morning. There is also a lot of parking, so I didn't have to worry about parking costs. Considering that other hotels are more expensive in the area, I found that this motel provides good value for money in the area. Of course, you don't get the loyalty points that you do with a branded- hotel, but considering the state of the economy, it doesn't hurt to save a few bucks. Overall, it's a decent motel at a decent price, and I'd probably stay there again if I was still on a tight budget.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank lefthander50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2010

I was working on a short-term project in Westchester and came across this hotel. The price seemed quite reasonable for the area and was seemed close enough to my project site in Tarrytown. However, the bearded man working at the front desk is the rudest and most obnoxious person I have ever come across at any hotel, anywhere. From his one word answers to his lackadaisical attitude, it was an absolute disgusting display of customer service. I asked him what are the hotel/room amenities, his response "It's a standard room, what do you want me to do?" It gets worse, I asked him if there was internet "Yes, but it's very slow" I kid you not those were his exact responses. When I told him that I wasn't impressed with his attitude and customer service, he told me he didn't have a room for me. Meanwhile the whole hotel was running empty. When I informed him that I will be writing a review on my experience he happily told me to do so. He had ZERO concern and worry.

Yes, this hotel is cheap but that doesn't mean they can treat paying guests and or customers like crap! Pay a little more and stay at a branded hotel chain. If you have any self-respect you will avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank rockin_rob82

Travelers are raving about these Elmsford hotels

Jewett, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

This place has been updated and is sufficient for basic night's sleep. It's the only place in this part of Westchester for less than $100 per night. In fact, the nearby La Quinta and Comfort Inn are $130-$160. Here you can get a single for $69 and room with 2 doubles for $89. It's a safe location with a well lighted parking lot. You can see your car from your room window.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Ricardo12442
ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

I do bridge maintainance and stay in many places in new york state. I have never had a more terrible experience than this one. We work over nights (8pm-6am). They do not provide do not disturbe signs for the door. Thank god i had locked the chain because the maids try to walk right in. Afew co workers awoke to find the maid in their room cleaning. we are just about the only guests, and they should know that we sleep during the day. The staff is very cold and rude. They rooms smell very bad, and are not cleaned properly. They leave behind things in rooms that are not hygenic to the next guests. I returned to my room one day to find dental floss stuck to my bathroom wall. It was not the color of my dental floss either. We have found boxes of used condoms upon checkin. I belive they need to change their way of running a buisness. I would sugest trying the mariott down the road.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank worktraveler1
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2007

Slight back story, my boyfriend and I were in town for my mom's wedding. They had booked four rooms for out of towners
They gave us a really hard time checking in. We tried the first time at 4 and then again after midnight when we had to call the goom at his reception to set everything straight.

When we finally got through that experience, walk to our room where we found a hole in the wall of the bathroom, stains on the walls opposite the beds & a shower I wouldn't step foot in.

There were some mini soap bars but no shampoo or conditioner so bring your own.

We saw a cop car patrol the parking lot, which was full & noisy.

The room next door had someone bang loudly on their door and a short screaming match followed.

If I had seen any bugs in the room I would have left in a heart beat. Its got that going for it.

• Disliked — couldn't check in, no clock in room, noisy parking lot
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank LightUrple
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2006

The staff are pretty cold or let's say overly terse. They do not believe in smiling or saying anything more than needed.

There are many construction workers with contracts there, and if you are a single woman who doesn't look half bad, it could be an issue while staying there.

The motel is set up so that two buildings face one another. When you come out your door, you can see others in the other building on their porches. Many sit out front in the summer. For some reason, everyone looks at everyone when they come out of their rooms - I couldn't stand that.

In the summer there are many bees on the balconies and a lot of drinking on the balconies as well.

Another thing that kills the place is the occassional cigarette burn on sheets and blankets. The curtains have all caught on fire at least once and they don't replace them.

The best and only good thing is that the rooms and bathrooms are cleaned extremely well. The mattresses are new as well, and very comfortable.

There's a very good restaurant across the street too.

Stayed August 2006
5 Thank m0nec1a
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2006

Based on a review on trip advisor, I booked a stay at the Saw Mill River Motel. Our experience was totally negative. The room smelled unpleasant, the toilet would not flush paper and the bathroom could have been cleaner. Worst of all, at 6:30 am, someone banged on our door. (Thank goodness for the security chain.) It was a man banging on ALL the doors saying he was looking for his cousin.

All that said, the price is one-third that of the nearby Hampton Inn and other hotel chains, so it's ok for one night if you are on a really tight budget.

However, I'd skip the Saw Mill River Motel and make my base at the Roosevelt Inn in Hyde Park. On a Hudson River Valley tour that means some backtracking to see everything, but we enjoyed the Inn and its owners so much that we stayed four nights.

• Liked — Price, location
  • Disliked — Toilet, banging on door by someone looking for cousin.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay only if you're on a very tight budget. Stay at Roosevelt Inn in Hyde Park instead.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank TravelTipLady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Elmsford
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown

Been to Days Inn Elmsford? Share your experiences!