“Surprisingly Good”

Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I travel a lot but for some reason had not stayed in a Hampton Inn. Better than expected. Perhaps this property is new or recently renovated but it is in great shape. Excellent location near Tarrytown Historic sites and Interstates and Tappan Zee Bridge. Breakfast was really good. Nice people at front desk. Not bad for a one-night stay.

1  Thank whitemountainman
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Whitemountainman,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown. I am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations!

Have an awesome summer!

Michele Viapiano

Reviewed June 26, 2014

It says on the Website, "A free shuttle service operates within a five-mile radius of Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown", nowhere does it say that this service is only available on Weekdays. Nobody at the Front Desk apologized about this issue. As we wanted to take Metro North Up to Croton-On-Harmon, as we were attending The Clearwater Festival we were not happy about this. If I had known this in advance I would not have stayed at this property. The other issue was that both computers of The Business Center were out of order which is also unacceptable. I believe that there is a Satisfaction Guarantee. Well because of these issues we are anything but satisfied and I think we should be credited for the night or given points equal to a free nights stay for our inconvenience. As a long time Hilton Honors Member, I expect ed better service than this.

1  Thank brusol
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I did enjoy the breakfast and was glad that coffee was available at all times. I needed the coffee because the bed was so small and uncomfortable I couldn't sleep. The online booking site indicated the room had a king size bed. That was totally false and when I asked at the desk about it, it was like talking to the wall. A free breakfast and coffee is not worth being lied to about accommodations and not getting any sleep. I will never again use this site to book and never stay at a Hampton again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Anthony E
Reviewed June 24, 2014

the location was great for us, near the interstate. There were several restaurants nearby that worked for dinner. The room(king) was roomy and comfortable. this is ridiculous that you have to keep typing to submit a review

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Patsy B
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was our first experience with staying at a Hampton Inn, and we were not disappointed. We chose this location because it was within easy driving distance to the event we were attending at Fordham University Church, Rose Hill Campus, the Bronx, NY. From our arrival to our departure, we were completely satisfied and would return to this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Marjorie S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so happy that you had an enjoyable stay while visiting Fordham. We look forward to seeing you again.

We love having you here.

Michele Viapiano

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Needed to leave New York early in the morning and didn't want to have to deal with traffic coming and going, or pay a fortune for a night's stay and parking.

So, we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Elmsford. Only 20 minutes outside the city, it saved us a lot of time in the morning. Rooms were nothing special, but roomy, clean, and adequate. Desk clerk was wonderful. Breakfast was more than we expected and we were very pleased with it. Parking, of course, was free.

Will be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MandB31
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Hello MandB31- Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown, just a hop, skip and a jump from NY City. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us. Our team strives to make each and every stay special, and I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a great stay. I look forward to sharing this with my associates. It makes them smile when see such positive feedback. I look forward to hosting you again.

Michele V

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I attended a large meeting here this month. I was very impressed at how easy it is to get to, and despite being surrounded by large trafficked roads, inside its quiet and welcoming.
A continental breakfast had been ordered which was almost as complete as the regular Hampton Inn breakfast. By the reception desk is a natural area for a meeting organizer to set up to welcome attendees. The rooms are comfortable and in the one I was in, there were outlets all along one wall.
During the day attendees used the adjacent breakfast lounge for conversation and checking emails.
Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne
La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!