“Hampton Inn Gets the Little Things Right”

Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Recently stayed at the Hampton Inn bordering White Plains and Tarrytown and had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel staff and management get all the little things right when it comes to amenities.

Free wi-fi in your room and they provide two computer stations to use in the lobby. They also offer a coffee and tea station and breakfast from six to 10 a.m. Breakfast comes with scrambled eggs, turkey sausage (very thrilled to see this since I don't eat pork), bagels, bread, English muffins, muffins, juice and more.

The hotel has a modern contemporary design that is refreshing. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. My only complaint is that the bathroom in my room was small. I prefer larger bathrooms.

If you're visiting the area, I definitely recommend this Hampton Inn for an economical and comfortable stay with good customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aaliyah M

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Checked out the King Study Room with a King and a sofa bed for 1 night, 2 guests for less than $100 after taxes and a discount. The room was beautiful, clean, great space and very comfortable. We were able to get toothpaste from the front desk for no additional charge which was nice. It was quiet and no disturbances. Highly recommended for a weekend away or for a night out for some private time ;).

Room Tip: No gimmicks really, just ask for toothpaste I you forget yours at reception.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel has very small rooms (apparently). I was very excited to be able to stay in a hotel for two nights in a row. The room is so small there is no dresser. Very disappointing. Apparently all the rooms are that way because it seemed to be the standard answer by the front desk who was neither apologetic or sympathetic. Luckily the breakfast area is fairly large and has some work tables if you are looking for space. Plenty of other options, next time, I will take them.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Brien B

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort and appointment of our guestrooms and common areas and we will keep your comments in mind as we constantly work to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Michele Viapiano

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice place.. Really friendly.. Entrance was ok.. Hotel room was clean and comfortable. The bed soft.. Bathroom was small but efficient. My daughter had fun jumping on the bed.. Breakfast was good too.. Will sleep again. Clean Clean Clean...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I travelled to White Plains for surgery to remove part of his kidney.(Excellent surgeon/Hospital!). I was planning on staying by myself while he was hospitalized. We ended staying 7 days.
We arrived early (11am) hoping that we would be able to check in, so that he could do the prep that needed to be done the day before his surgery. They were able to accommodate us without a problem. The room was clean and located in the back of the property facing the hillside.(I had asked for a quiet room, and it was). The TV was a flat screen, and there were enough stations to keep us distracted.
I asked the front desk for suggestions regarding places to eat and suggestions and directions were quickly given. Parking was available but it is on a hillside so the parking was on several different levels.
We did not use the outdoor pool, but I was surprised to see they had a lifeguard on duty, although there was a sign saying swim at your own risk. The fitness center had working equipment and was clean. There was an area with coffee and tea in the lobby, and I, along with may of the other people who were staying here, took advantage of it. There were fresh baked cookies available each afternoon as well.
The breakfast everyday was a little different, but hot and tasty, along with pastries, cereal and fresh fruit. I noticed that the staff kept the area clean ad refreshed items as they were used, as well as offering towelettes and breath mints. There were also breakfast to go which I did use as I ran to the hospital.
The most amazing part of this trip was the compassion the staff had for us. I was asked each day how he was doing, was he out of ICU yet, and was told that they were praying for him. This may not mean much in the way of a review of the hotel, but it tells me a lot about the quality of the staff that they employed. This was not just 1 or 2 staff members but at least 5-6 people.
I would like to say a special thank you to the manager Shawn Holland and a staff member, Clyde who was especially comforting when I was feeling pretty upset. I don't think you know how much that meant to us at this rough time. I hope management truly appreciates these two individuals, because I will never forget them.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back overlook a wooded hillside area and are quiet.
1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Tarrytown and took advantage of the Travel Zoo deal. The hotel is conveniently located to White Plains, Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, etc. It is 5 minutes from the eastern end of the Tappan Zee Bridge. The Hotel Staff was extremely pleasant and eager to please. The room was clean and comfortable. My only issue (minor) is that the buffet breakfast was overwhelmed at one time by a large group of guests and the serving staff could not keep up with the demand; i.e., there were only 2 waffle makers, pastries were not replenished, etc.

1  Thank Arthur G
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed for one night with family. Very comfortable bed and bath. Breakfast was excellent. Very courteous staff. Managed to use the gym as well and the equipment was in fine working order. Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank SKN2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!