“Treated poorly by night manager”

Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were not satisfied with our room, which did not match what we booked online (with a different size bed). The night front desk clerk was hostile to us when we expressed dissatisfaction, and made comments we considered offensive. The problem with the room was not resolved, and we left after a single night. On the plus side, the location is convenient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan234567
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Ryan234567
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Clean, but dated. Everything you expect from Hilton. Good 2 star hotel, average for 3 star. Location is easy right off Tapanzee, but don't stay here unless you are stopping over for work or on a travel trip to get some shut eye. No frills.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Marcus M

Thank you so much for writing a review for our hotel. I know how busy our guests are, and I truly appreciate that you took the time to comment about your stay in White Plains.

Hope to see you back at our hotel.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

BAD: My wife and I were in town for our Coop Board interview in the Bronx and our favorite Hampton Inn in Westchester (Yonkers) wasn't available so we stayed here. The room wasn't as clean as most Hampton Inn's I have stayed at. There was gum in the A/C unit, the cable jack was falling out of the wall, there was a weird substance on the back of the bathroom door, and instead of changing out the window curtain to cover up a stain, they pinned it together. Also my wife and I ordered a movie on Saturday night and every 10 minutes an ad would pop up on the screen. After an hour it was so annoying we stopped watching and I called the front desk to complain. The woman that answered made it seem like I was the problem and said "I will take it off your bill this time but you have been watching it for an hour". Very rude. I called back to talk to the manager and I was transferred back to this woman. She stated she was the Front Desk Supervisor. I asked to speak with her boss and she said he wasn't in until 11pm. Usually Hampton Inn's have good if not great service and they didn't live up to my history with them.
GOOD: Bed was comforatable and our room had a couch and microwave/fridge unit. Hotel was quiet and breakfast was good. Easy access off the highway and easy access into The Bronx.
OVERALL: We won't be staying here again even if the Yonkers Hampton Inn isn't available.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Christian H

Thank you for reaching out to share your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we apologize for the issues with your A/C and the mismanagement of the situation We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and we hope you will give us a second chance to show you the complete quality stay you deserve should you return to our area again in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for here for the first time on a business trip. The hotel is easy to get to, convenient to the highways and clean. The rooms are average and met my needs. Complimentary high speed Internet access was great. Loved the fitness center and the breakfast was an added bonus. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Saxtell

Thank you so much for giving us such a nice review.

I appreciate the time that you took to post your comments. I look forward to sharing this with my team,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Pluses: good location, nice breakfast and breakfast area, plenty of parking. Minuses: front desk staff attitude, general cleanliness of the property. Not a lot of other choices in the area or I would look for a different place to stay on business. I wouldn't stay with the family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear EduardTravels

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at The Hampton Inn White Plains.

I was disappointed to see that you did not have a great experience with our Front Desk Team.

I will be addressing your concerns with the team.

I truly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

During a recent visit - having appointments in Brooklyn and the Bronx I was asked, why are you staying in Tarrytown?! Easy. The price is right, the business amenities are perfect, and the customer experience is Exceptional! Zena, Stacie, and John are the Best...

And, for me, that's worth a few minutes longer drive.

Thank you Hampton Tarrytown and Ciao'!
Cynthia

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Cynthia R

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself during your time in White Plains.

It is very refreshing to hear positive feedback regarding our Front Desk Team...

I hope to see you again!!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The internet access is not working at all. the noises from outside of the room and upstairs are extremely loud. The A/C is not working well. Too loud and not easy to control the tempture. The matress is not staying at the place. Over all the quality of the hotel is not what I expected from Hampton Inn. This Hotel is the worse Hampton Inn I have ever stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Mengling H

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay in White Plains/Tarrytown.

I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I hope that if you are ever in our again, you reach out to me so we can try to make it up to you.

Michele V

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
#5 of 7 in Tarrytown
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!