“Above and beyond...”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Above and beyond...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were in town just after Hurricane Sandy and there was no room at the inn! In our business travesl we have stayed here quite a number of times and were never disappointed. We actually booked a room, came in late to check in - unfortnately, it was for the night before - our bad. BUT, the front desk folks are incredible - found a canceled reservation, had a roll-away moved in (even before we got our key and headed to the room) and made every effort to accomodate our mistake and get us a room at the last minute. Outstanding! Hats off to Heyssen for making it happen - that's what keeps us road warriors coming back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Millionmilestravlers

Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay at our hotel. It is so nice to hear that Heyssen was able to assist in finding you a room. We strive for excellence, and it is very rewarding when our team is recognized for their efforts.

We hope to see you again soon.

Michele

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Excellent service. The staff consistantly made sure my needs were met and that I felt at home. Coffee was always fresh, I wanted to switch rooms due to neighbors above me, and they fixed it in under 10 minutes.
They made sure I got where I was going in a foreign place, with a smile.
Replaces Bed COVERS (not just sheets) Everyday

My freinds joke that Im not the lowest maintenance person in the world but this team took care of me on par with any 5 star...

I am so glad I decided against staying in NYC, and chose this respite instead. I will be back but now the bar is pretty high;) Thanks Hampton Inn, and thank you John and team

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear N B

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so glad that our team was able to take such good care of you . It is our goal that all of our guests are satisfied with the service we provide.

We hope to see you again soon.

Michele
Amory, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Had read good reviews and bad reviews of this property! My review is good! No problems! Front desk was very helpful when we needed help with directions! Room was very nice! Bed so comfortable! Breakfast was great, hostess very nice! Would recommend!

Room Tip: Also great Diner down the street!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had our wedding party stay here during the month of August. We had a total of five rooms for approximately two to four nights. My husband and I were paying for our photographers room as well as our own (each room 3 nights each). When we arrived I explained to the very helpful front desk staff that we would be paying for both rooms and we wanted to pay cash upon check out. They said it wouldn't be a problem but that we had to secure each room with a credit card for "incidentals". We were ok with that. When my photographer checked out on Monday, we paid cash for her room and did not have a problem. The following Wednesday my husband and I checked out. When we got to the front desk, the gentleman had told us that the room had already been charged to our card. I explained that we had stated we wanted to pay cash for the room (so not to incur another wedding bill). He said it wouldn't be a problem; that he would reverse the charge and apply the cash. He folded our receipt in three and fastened it closed with a sticker that said "Hampton Inn". He said we were all set and that we may see a charge on the card but within a couple days we would also see a credit and that if there was any problems, to give them a call back and they would take care of it. Sounds very nice right? Good service...polite staff...two days later my husband and I left for our honeymoon for two weeks and when we got back, we were busy moving me to Buffalo (a 400 mile move).
Well, fast forward a few weeks. About two weeks ago my husband got his credit card statement and low and behold, the charge for the Hampton Inn was still there. I immediately picked up the phone and called. I explained to the young lady that answered the phone our situation. She told me that she saw that we had paid cash for the one room but that for our room, she was only seeing the credit card payment. I was so upset. I told her I would call back once I found our receipt. After searching through some boxes that had yet to be unpacked, I found the receipt. When I unfastened it (YES, I made the mistake of not checking the receipt when we left the hotel - we were in a hurry to get my husband's mom to the airport), to my utter surprise the receipt reflected the charge card and not the cash. I called back the hotel and asked for the general manager's voicemail. I was forwarded to Michelle's voicemail. Two voicemails and two days later I got a call back. She was very nice. I explained my situation and even told her who had helped us. She told me she would look into it, speak to the individual and call me back the next day. This was Tuesday. Friday I had to call her again because I had not heard back. At that point she had herself, the front desk mgr and the gentleman in the room. He stated that he remembered me giving him a credit card to pay with. I told her with all due respect, you have a liar and a thief working for your organization. At that point she agreed that she would have her other manager go back and review the security tapes to see what they showed. I thanked her and asked when I could expect to hear back. She said Monday. The following Tuesday when I didn't hear back, I called her AGAIN and left two voicemails. Upon my second voicemail I told her that I was in town visiting and that if I didn't hear from her first thing Weds. morning, I would be in to take care of this in person. I also told her that it is extremely unprofessional as a manager to say you are going to return a customer's call by a certain date and time and then NEVER fulfill that promise. Sure enough, first thing Wednesday morning I received a call from her. She left a voice mail as I was out having breakfast with my grandmother. The voicemail said that she was sorry she didn't get back to me sooner but they were having "technical difficulty" with the video equipment....and that unfortunately she couldn't find the video for the date in question...that it didn't exist anymore.
At this point I'm fuming! I intend to go to Hampton Inn's Corporate office and I will not rest until I get some restitution.
This location unfortunately has made what WAS a very good and positive experience a very BAD one and I would never stay there again...especially after the way things have been handled thus far.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jewel_1446
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Jewel_1446

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had with billing confusion following your stay. I appreciate your patience in this and promise you that I fully investigated this matter..Thank you for your understanding as we sort out this delicate situation and I will be in contact with you shortly. In the meantime please feel free to contact me if directly if I may be of any assistance.

We are so sorry to have dampened your memories of this stay.
914-592-5680
Lancaster, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had a very good stay here, loved the free breakfast and modern breakfast area. Convenient location but was a little bit tricky using the GPS. Elevators were slow, but the stairs were easy enough. Got a great price by booking our room online ahead of time at a non-refundable rate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear RebCal

Thank you for taking the time to sumbit a review for our hotel.

I am so happy that you had a pleasant stay- and that you enjoyed our breakfast area.

It isone of my favorite areas of the hotel.

Thank you for staying with us.....

USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Bathroom was not as clean as it could have / should have been. Mattress was excessively soft. The maid service left the tissue box on near empty and the toilet featured a loose, rickety handle that was emblematic of a lack of attention to detail. AC unit was extremely loud, drowning out the TV every time it kicked in. Breakfast was the biggest disappointment, with no fresh fruit and an unappealing communal vat of yogurt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear mercurius_1

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel.

I appreciate your feedback, and I am working on resolving the issues

you experienced.

Pawtucket
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Right at check-in (in fact, even before, like walking through the front door!) the desk staff smiles and gives you a warm "welcome back, we're glad to see you again" smile and greeting! And, it's genuine! Worth mentioning by name (because we feel that close), the front desk staff of John, Matteo, Shawn, Tracey, and Monica (geez, just thinking about it, knowing THEM all by 1st name is a testiment in itself!) are most of the reason why we return there when in the area. Add to the above that the rooms are clean (and typically quiet....not that the hotel can always control people who feel the hallways are a place to make noise at late hours......it hasn't been bad enough or often enough to mention it to them) and the breakfast plentiful, and whalla!.....I find myself taking time to write a review (1st ever!).

Room Tip: Back of the hotel lowers road noise,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bill T

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am so excited that our team has made such a great impression on you.

I truly appreciate your feedback, and I have shared this with the team!!

We love having you here......

Michele Viapiano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Westchester Marriott
Westchester Marriott
#4 of 7 in Tarrytown
Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!