“Tiny room”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
San Rafael, CA
“Tiny room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel messed up my reservation and only had one bed when we reserved two. They assured us it was a queen but it had the be smallest queen in history. The room was tiny, the closet door was broken, the clock radio was broken, they had two small towels in a room for two people. We moved after one night to the Doubletree which was a much nicer hotel.

Room Tip: Double check that you get the room you reserved.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear SharynW

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

I am disappointed that you didn't have a great experience while you were at our hotel.
My team and I are looking in to the deficiencies you found in the room.

Michele Viapiano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
cf904
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have stayed here twice in the last 2 years. Most recently was in August 2012 when we stayed one night here. We found the construction to be complete. What a beautiful difference in the common area for breakfast. We have stayed at three different Hamptons & this location has the best decor in the breakfast area. The room was comfortable & updated. The bed & pillows were in good shape. Would stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear cf904

Thank you so much for writing a review for our hotel.

I am so happy hear that you liked the renovations, and especially our breakfast area.

It is my favorite spot in the hotel.

I hope you stay with us again.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had to stay someone for one night for work and got this hotel. Have to say was very nice, Room was nice clean (not sure what the one person said about no towels) Breakfast was very good (again not sure what the one person said that the breakfast was jsut fair).

All in all staff was nice room was nice and that is all we ask for right?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear JEKDES-NYC

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

It's so rewarding to see that you had a nice experience during your stay.
I will share your feedback with our team.

Portland, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Hampton Inn is usually rock-solid as far as good service, clean rooms, and free breakfast for a decent price, and this property isn't an exception. The only thing that took me by surprise was the "tiered" parking lot - it was quite a steep drive up to a parking space in one of the three or so "steppes", and then quite a long walk from there to the front door of the hotel. I have painful hips, especially after driving for any length of time, so the steep walk was quite uncomfortable walking downhill from my car to the hotel, and then up the hill from the hotel to my car. Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay. For parents who have kids that are "all about the pool" - be advised that it is an outdoor pool, adjacent to the parking lots.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Liftlady

I wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay.

I am glad that overall you had a pleasant stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night while visiting area for training. When I made the reservation, I asked for a room far away from the elevator and higher floor. When I arrived, I was happy to find that both requests had been honored.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms had all of the Hampton Inn amenities that I have come to know and love.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
I am so glad that our team was able to honor your request, and leave a lasting impression.

We look forward to seeing you again.

California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel about a week ago expecting the same quality I'm used to in a Hampton Inn but sadly this hotel wasn't up to par. The hotel really needs to upgrade their rooms. You can tell the lobby has been remodeled recently but the rooms are very outdated. If they do nothing else they should really change the carpeting throughout the hotel as I would not be caught dead being barefoot in there.

Other than that the staff was friendly, and the hotel was not at all hard to find. Once the hotel is remodeled I'd consider staying here again but not a minute sooner.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback regarding our hotel.
Our guest rooms were renovated in 2009 and the lobby was renovated in 2010. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I will be working with the Housekeeping team to improve on the carpets.

Dorset, VT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Beware of the night reception staff they are anything but helpful. Rooms were cleaned daily but they never are never fully stocked something is always missing. Then to get some one to answer the phone in reception is impossible, you will need to take the trip down for your needs and then they really did not want to give it to you. Common areas were not clean and were this way for the duration of our stay. The only good experience in this motel was the breakfast and the exercise room. Do not fall in to the trap of getting a double bed as they are smaller than the stanard double.

Room Tip: Do not request a double bed they are smaller than the standard size, take your own pillow so as to n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rablogan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Westchester Marriott
Westchester Marriott
#4 of 7 in Tarrytown
Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!