“Very Nice Suprise!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Reviewed June 29, 2007

This was a very nice hotel. Clean, Friendly Staff and an OK location. Recently renovated, still finishing up the final touches, it was like a new hotel - clean carpets, bathrooms and a great shower head (no low flow). We stayed just for one night so did not get a real look at the entire property, but the room was very satisfactory!

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank Mew6160

Reviewed April 10, 2007

Stayed at this place one night on a business trip. If the trip had been two nights, I would have slept in the car for the 2nd night. Surly front desk staff. Poor/broken lighting in lobby. First room assignment was not cleaned (at 10:30pm). Next room key didn't work. Hallways nearly without lights. Carpet--or what used to be carpet--was horribly stained (I half expected to see a chalk outline of a body!). Sheets sent shivers up my spine, with someone else's hair on them. (Did they even wash them? Eeewww!). Remote control for TV didn't work. Breakfast consisted of stale muffins and cold cereal--with no milk.

Run, do not walk, as fast as you can from this place. The worst "hotel" I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank dgloo
Reviewed October 14, 2006

It was the dirtiest and most unkempt motel I have ever stayed in for the last 50 years. Wellesley should have paid me to stay in there dump. The rugs had stains, ceilings were crumbling, trash left in the hallways, doorways and entryways, the rear parking lot was un lit creating a dangerous safety problem at nite, the magnetic key was changed after day 1 ( lucky me, I stayed 2 nites), necessitating a roundabout trip to the front desk to a surly clerk( all of whom were incapable of common courtesies), filthy windows overlooking its junkyard roof. I hope my immunity system can withstand the poisoned air and environmental pollution that no doubt sought to invade me.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank Perre
Reviewed July 26, 2006

This hotel is a dump. The carpets have stains. My room smelled. The A/C barely worked. The ceiling tiles were cracked and sagging. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. I would rather sleep in my car than stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank MeTravel2U
Reviewed February 4, 2006

Rusty pipes, holes in the sheets, funky smell in the hallyway, abrasive front desk people, everything about this hotel is crappy. Don't expect much when even the cleaning staff is smoking in the hallways while doing the rounds. I didn't even bother with the restaurant or continental breakfast. The remote didn't work well & although there was a fridge, there was no microwave.

There's a Ramada in Yonkers, that might be a little better place. If anything, there are more amenities there.

Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank Mar_from_DC
Reviewed January 18, 2006

Stayed at the Wellesley for 1 night and could hardly wait until morning. The first room we were given had pealing wallpaper with mold behind it. There were exposed wires with no face plates and although the website said the rooms have a mini fridge and microwave, none of the 3 rooms we were offered had this. The room I accepted (after checking for ANY other hotel in the area - all were booked) had missing ceiling tile, rust on the bathroom door frame, holes in the sheets, and a general look of neglect. My reservation said that the room had a love seat - nope. The hallways were diry and smelly. The pool looked acceptable until I saw the tile that marks the depth - the part of the tile under the water was white, the portion above the water was almost black with filth. The next morning my husband took my son to the lobby for the free continental breakfast. All they wanted was a cup of coffee and cereal, but there was no milk. I can't say enough bad things about this hotel. I've stayed in nicer $45/night roadside lodges, but to be charged $130+ for this place is outrageous.

Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed November 26, 2005

I am not going to write a lot about this property as I feel that the privous long and very detailed review did a very good job at describing MOST (but not all) of what I have experienced.

I booked this place via Hotels and even though I reserved a non-smoking room, the desk clerk let me know that unfortunately they ran out of non-smoking rooms. They quickly checked me in, as I had no other place to stay in - this place was paid for online.

The room looked like a DISASTER area. The rug had some kind of mold all over it. The toilet seat (excuse me) had hair particles all over it, and obviously had not been cleaned. The bed was made up, reasonably comfortable, and the sheets were fine.
The room had some kind of odor in it, and it was not tobacco. In fact, the elevators in the hotel had the same kind of very bad smell. I got used to it eventaully. Breakfast was included. A basic continental, nothing fancy. I dont think I will stay in this place again, unless offered for free.

• Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank selfant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Comfort Inn & Suites
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
#7 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford? Share your experiences!