“Fine stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Buffalo, NY
“Fine stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel was what I expected. Kind a weird walk from check in to the rooms. The breakfast in the morning was a nice touch and had a nice atmosphere with the tables overlooking their garden. The lady supplying the food was really working hard!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a very good option to stay near NY City. Good price for the service. Nice and clean room.
They need to change the mattress off some beds, but in a general way my experience here was really good. Friendly staff and the breakfast was simple but very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Saratoga Springs, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Layout of the hotel is very strange, lobby is very far removed from the rest of the property. Stayed here several times recently for work travel. Staff are always friendly. Rooms have always been clean and well taken care of. Not recommended for families at all. Lots of late night activity taking place in this hotel, mostly the kind you pay extra for.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is setup funny. The pool hous are from 4 pm to 9 pm which I do not understand because the life guard did nothing that was on duty.There was kids diving in the pool and one almost hurt himself. We told the life guard and he did nothing!!! Once I was checked out I went to use my card and my card was declined! Why!?!? You might ask....because the hotel charged my card 4 times for the same charge! When I called the hotel to correct the situation,she tells me "oh we only charged you once and you charged your card and we gave you 234.00 back" I said Ms.did you hear what you just said, so how did you guys get paid if I did that. She put me on hold for 20 mins and comes back to say give me the number to your bank and I will have the charges fix to have your money released. Never an apology or anything. The best part was the bed they
were very comfortable! I say run as far and fast as you can! They have crappy hotel with a crappy staff that needs better knowledge
of customer service and hospitality! Run!!!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank tlleggett

Travelers are raving about these Elmsford hotels

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The staff was helpful, the place was very clean with large, comfortable rooms, the breakfast was a typical buffet but with a yummy make-your-own-waffles station. That being said, La Quinta is a pet-friendly hotel and the barking dog in the room above us was annoying. It started shortly after we checked in at 3:00 in the afternoon but since we were heading out, we didn't mention anything to the desk figuring the other guests were out as well and the dog was alone and nervous. After our dinner, when we returned at 9:00 and the dog was still yapping until 11:00 pm. A quick call to the front desk solved the problem thankfully. Obviously the guests were there to calm their dog, but I cannot believe that people aren't considerate of other guests (but certainly not the fault of the hotel). My concern is that when I questioned the pet-friendly environment the following morning, I learned that there are not specific rooms dedicated for pets. Given that my husband is deathly allergic to dogs, this hotel was not the best choice for us. We got lucky that dogs and cats had never stayed in the room we got. Unless there were pet-friendly and no-pet rooms (similar to smoking and non-smoking rooms), this will probably be the last time at La Quinta (again, not fault of the hotel; I didn't do my research--just an advisory for those with allergies).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rebecca H
Newtown, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Family business led me to need a hotel room for the night in the Elmsford area. I've never stayed at the La Quinta chain before and I didn't have high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom, though very small, was adequate. Free wifi was nice, and it was convenient to have a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The free continental breakfast in the morning went beyond what I expected, with a nice assortment of pastries, bread, cereal, fruit and yogurt (toasting available). I was also very impressed with the hotel employee who worked continually to restock the breakfast items and keep the area clean. Not everything was perfect - the hallways were in serious need of vacuuming and the ice machine was empty when I tried to use it, I suspect due to the construction workers who had just filled up their coolers. But I will definitely go to this hotel if I need to stay in this area again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank esa81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Comfort Inn & Suites
Days Inn Elmsford
Days Inn Elmsford
#4 of 4 in Elmsford
3.0 of 5 stars 188 reviews

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Elmsford? Share your experiences!