“Would not stay here again, ever!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Rockland, Maine
“Would not stay here again, ever!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Someone wrote that last month they had bed bugs in their room. Someone else wrote that other people had the key to their room and were able to get in. Great! We didn't have these experiences but we had others -- I wasn't going to stay here again anyway and here's why -- while the rates are pretty good, what you get isn't worth the stay. As indicated by someone else, one of the front desk clerks is extremely rude, on the phone and in person (I recognized the voice when I met her in person). She should be sent packing. The other front desk person is nice.
The room does have a microwave and refrigerator (someone said they didn't have that, but maybe it was not a king-bed room). It has a nice large screen tv. The bathroom amenities were poor. One little tube of shampoo and soap. That's it, nothing else. The shower was okay if you realized you had to turn the hot water on all the way and barely turn on the cold.

The pool --- don't go there for the pool. There is no whirlpool and the pool was only open from 4-9 pm. What good is that? I stayed two nights and was unable to use it. Breakfast was not breakfast -- it was bare-bones. It had orange juice, nut muffins and frozen bagels and tiny (think cheap) apples. Hardly anything else. Terrible disappointment so we had to go out for breakfast.

The maid was clueless. We had a do-not disturb sign which I left inside the room. Inexplicably, it was gone when we got back, after the maid had been there, so we were unable to use the sign. We kept some towels and traded in others. Inexplicably, we did not get any replacement towels and were without sufficient towels the next day. I would not stay here again and you should think twice before deciding to stay here.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money at this place. Lousy service, nasty clerk, terrible maid service, bare-bo...
1 Thank Portia82104
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Hi Portia!

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites - Elmsford. WOW...not the experience we intended you to have! We definitely have some opportunities for improvement. We'd like the chance to address your concerns personally and would ask you contact us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
YONKERS
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The hotel is good overall...but there was a security issue. Someone had a key card to my room...I had the upper lock on...they claimed they had the wrong room. why did their key work on my door? Front desk gave me a new key...but weren't overly concerned about someone having a key to a room not theirs. Had I not been in the room, the party would have gotten in! I am concerned about staying again if there isn't proper security!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Larry S
Annapolis MD
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Good: The king room was fairly modern and clean. The bad: When I entered the lobby at about 1:30pm on Sun 11/17 to check in there were two female check in people behind the desk. The senior woman was being seeming nasty to the other lady for not much reason.(The other lady was fairly nice). Although I was the only customer there neither one acknowleged me for a few minutes. When they did I said, Hello how are you today? Rather than answering fine how are you, she just replied, "can I help you". The hallways and guest room smelled of stale cigarettes. The hall carpets were filty with trash laying in some areas. The floors of the elevators were dirty and sticky. After seeing this we did not eat breakfast in the hotel. I joined the LaQuinta club when I made the reservation but I'm not sure that I will stay in one again.

2 Thank JimmyMamboJambo

Travelers are raving about these Elmsford hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Close to the Westchester Theatre Breakfast is not worth it. Cold egss, fix your own waffles and figure out equipment on your own. They clean rooms late in afternoon which and sometimes not at all. The parking in back of building is limited. Too much construction going on at building site. No resturant in hotel, no Fridge or microwave

Chambersburg, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We checked in at this hotel after 10pm and were greeted promptly and graciously. The room was clean and was quiet considering it was near the road. I like a heat/air unit that stays on continuously but the only way to do this was to put on fan only. The evening temp was 50 outside so once we got it to the comfortable heat temperature we were able to switch to fan only and it remained comfortable throughout the night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites during our visit to the Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow area with our pet, Goliath. It was an amazing experience. The breakfast was wonderful as was the room and staff. It was a perfect location to the nearest attractions. I would definitely recommend staying here while visiting this area. It was a great value for the money we paid for the room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 29, 2013

everything was fine. there was large construction equipment in the parking lot that took up a lot of space . not sure if parking lot was being worked on or if men were just staying at LaQuinta but either way there was plenty of parking. some of the neighbors were a little noisy but that happens. all in all I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne
Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford? Share your experiences!