“Want to Relax and Have Some Fun”

Captain Lawrence Brewing Company
Hudson Valley Craft Brewery Bike Tour
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Elmsford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Captain Lawrence Brewery in Elmsford boasts a large tasting room with a 30-foot oak bar, and serves 12 ales on tap, complimented by a wide array of food cooked on-site by our kitchen. Our recently renovated beer garden sports picnic tables, beer barrels, a bocce ball court, corn hole, and giant Jenga. It also sports its own outdoor bar. In winter or during rain, we open a secondary beer garden inside the brewery itself. Captain Lawrence Brewery provides on-demand tours, and is available for booking private events such as weddings and bachelor parties. Besides CLBC merchandise, the beer hall also sells beer to go, and will fill your growlers and crowlers for you. Kegs are also available to purchase at the brewery, providing you have filled out an online order form on our website in advance.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great brewery. Such a cool atmosphere. It's like a family friendly place with beer. Can sit inside or outside. Great music being played. Bring you own cheese and crackers and relax.

All reviews
"on tap"
in 4 reviews
"corn hole"
in 3 reviews
"great place to spend an afternoon"
"place is great"
"chip"
"patrons"
"jenga"

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am one of the biggest CPLC Fan; I told all my friends abouit and anyone I know. Well, I am now sharing it with all the Tripadvisor readers; you have to try this place. It is low key, but once you are in you will want to comeback. They have great selection of at least 12 craft beers that you can taste for less than $12 (what a bargain!). If you want to have a full glass of any of your favorites, for less than $5 you can have it and buy more to take home. I certainly enjoy having my beer in the outdoor area with a hot dog from Village Dog. This is my favorite Westchester hangout!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This local craft brewery turns out consistently good beer. They regularly come up with new brews, which may only be available for a short time. The IPA, with about 9 percent alcohol, is a delicious Belgian-style treat. Buy a growler from there or bring your own, refills are fairly cheap. Can't say enough about how good the beer here is.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Pretty cool idea, you buy a tasting glass (only $2) and hang out at the brewery while sampling the beer they currently have on tap. Parking was a bit of a hassle as the brewery is kind of behind a small strip mall and a truck rental place that don't want you parking there, but once we figured that out there was no problem. I think officially you are only allowed 2 tastings per NY law but some of the signs had conflicting info so I never really figured it out for sure.

The beer itself was very good with several varieties to appeal to different tastes. I recall a very good blonde and some good IPAs.

There were also some local food carts selling food outside and in the barroom. I liked that they supported other local businesses.

I couldn't find any info on tours, but from the bar, you can go into the actual brewery in a small area and see the beer being made.

Service was very good and friendly. They told us a little about each beer and were very helpful when deciding what to take home.

We enjoyed the beer so much we took home a couple of growlers which were reasonably priced.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 30, 2013

$2 tasting glass, food available for purchase from a few local eatieries (nothing fancy!), and lots of people around enjoying themselves with various brews. A great concept, fun idea for friends, and remember to tip the staff as its good karma (and $2 is nothing).

Their website give plenty of information. Business men looking for a different evening while staying in Tarrytown, late 20's and 30's vibe, but all seemed to be welcomed.

I also liked that it supports a very local business.

Step out of the bar box for a night and try it out. I will be back for another try of their different brews.