“amazing persian restaurant”
Review of Shiraz Kitchen

Shiraz Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Shiraz Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Elmsford
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Shiraz kitchen is proudly named after one of Iran's most ancient and beloved cities know for its rich culture of poetry, wine and hospitality. From our kitchen we bring you one of the oldest and most spectacular (creative) cuisines of the world. Glancing at our menu you can see the immense variety and flavors in the food which reflects the cultural and geographic diversity of the land which is native to commonly used ingredients such as pistachios. almonds, walnuts, pomegranates, cherries, roses and grapes. Flavors are further enhanced with delicate yet aromatic spices of saffron, turmeric, cinnamon and dried limes.
Reviewed April 15, 2018

Dining at Shiraz was a real pleasure. There is a hush in the room that allows you to have a conversation. The service is friendly and professional. And the food really is top rate. If you like lamb chops, you really have to have them here. Do splurge for the special rice preparations on the menu, as they are special. Everything we had was memorable.

Reviewed March 7, 2018

We went for dinner with my cousin. Although we had a lot to talk about, the food was so distinctive and so flavorful that we stopped several times to notice it, savor it, talk about it. The service was just what I like: very friendly and completely unobtrusive; several times, while we were talking, I saw one of our servers glance over at us, see we were talking, and thoughtfully leave us alone to talk. She made suggestions for side dishes with our main courses, clearly knew and loved the food herself, and brought us a bowl of ice cream flavored with saffron and something that tasted like violets for dessert with her compliments. We will definitely go back.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

Been going for many years but had been a while. They did a nice job decorating the inside, lots of space between tables and nice private room for party.

The food, I am happy to say, is still excellent. Persian cuisine, big tastes, with a wonderful family service paradigm. They continue to be warm and welcoming staff.

May be the best Middle Eastern food in Westchester.

Reviewed February 10, 2018

Being a flavor junkie and a desperado for kind, thoughtful restaurant owners, I am thrilled to say that my expectations were exceeded. I have just finished an intensive one-week cooking school course and have become reinvested in thinking of exotic herbs and spices. Hence, I went looking today for a mediterranean dinner. Shiraz Kitchen came up in my search and being 12 minutes from Jacob Burns Film Center, it fit the bill. We ordered the boorani-e-spinach (spinach and thick yogurt) and mirza ghasemi (smoked eggplant) appetizers (you can order combos of 2 or 3 different appetizers) and a complimentary third was brought to our table for our pleasure - labneh (thick yogurt with za-atar spice). Accompanying the 3 small bowls was a plate of delicate flatbread. The boorani was composed of chiffonade blanched spinach next to some very yummy yogurt, which is not to say the smoked eggplant was not also delicious. These are filling delicacies but we had also ordered a shirazi salad, which did not wow me - I couldn't taste the mint.
By the way - both the Cline shiraz (Shiraz, I didn't know, is a city in Persia) and the Regnard Pinot Noir were excellent ($12 each served in a beautiful tall glass).
The owner had discussed the menu with us and nearly discouraged us from trying the fesenjan, which are small walnut/meat balls served in a lovely pomegranate sauce. Very new to us and very flavorful, especially with the saffron rice. We split an order which was quite sufficient.
For those looking for an elegant location and an elaborate interior, you will not be as happy as we were (though I liked the silverware). For those looking for warm, underbearing attention and a chef and owner that care, do try Shiraz. It is clean, quiet (a rarity - no TVs here) and respectful of its clients - when we wanted to know about menu items, the owner was happy to explain, but (thank goodness) no one was running about demanding to know if "everything is allright."
Westchester lacks the personal owner touch in so many restaurants and I often feel that restaurants are unrestrained in charging excessive prices. We will return to explore more of Shiraz's extensive menu.

Reviewed February 2, 2018

Great food, great service. Reasonable prices. Go. I had a rice with lamb dish....it was outstanding. The meat was tender and spicy...tasty.

Date of visit: January 2018