“No defined taste”
Review of Shiraz Kitchen

Shiraz Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Shiraz Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Elmsford
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Shiraz kitchen is proudly named after one of Iran's most ancient and beloved cities know for its rich culture of poetry, wine and hospitality. From our kitchen we bring you one of the oldest and most spectacular (creative) cuisines of the world. Glancing at our menu you can see the immense variety and flavors in the food which reflects the cultural and geographic diversity of the land which is native to commonly used ingredients such as pistachios. almonds, walnuts, pomegranates, cherries, roses and grapes. Flavors are further enhanced with delicate yet aromatic spices of saffron, turmeric, cinnamon and dried limes.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Perhaps I need to try it again, but I was not wowed. The pomegranate almond mixture didn't have much to it. Uniform texture, one flavor, a bit oily/greasy, and that is about it. The service was okay, the staff nice, but nothing warm to bring me back. I suppose I prefer the cleaner flavors of mediterranean cuisine. Perhaps the summer menu reflects that?

Fresh isn't a word I'd use to descibe anything there.

Next time, I will forgo proximity in hopes of finding a better dinner.

1  Thank francophileinny
There are newer reviews for Shiraz Kitchen

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Visited recently, but found the food expensive and bland. Suggest to enjoy some other Middle Eastern restaurant in Westchester.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The food was wonderful!! The ambiance was great!!!! I love the pile of rugs as you come in through the back entrance. It has a real homey feel to it. The appetizer is deceiving. It doesn't look as if you would get full but by the time we where almost through, we were quite full. We ordered three appetizers: BOORANI-E-SPINACH -Steamed fresh spinach, onions and garlic topped with yogurt, KASHK-E-BADEMJAN -Mashed eggplant, fried onion and garlic, special seasonings, garnished with dried yogurt, kashk, and HUMMUS - Mashed chick peas mixed with tahini sauce, garlic, lime juice, and olive oil. For my entree, I had the Cornish hem kebab with mixed rice and sour cherries....DELICIOUS!!!!! My husband had the Lamb chops, which he really enjoyed. The food was flavorful. To finish, I had the baklava and we had the Turkish coffee. Baklava too sweet for my taste but was good. I definitely would recommend this restaurant and I will definitely will be going back.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

the service is wonderful and the staff very good. but the big thing is the food. especially delicious. try the eggplant appetizer.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Tonight I arrived at this restaurant.. set along a fairly lonely stretch of road, and found this quaint little surprise.. from the outside it looks like a little lamp boutique. Inside, At 6 p.m. on a sat night, there was one table occupied. By 7,every table was occupied. There are two rooms, but it seems only the front room is used... dark gold cloth tablecovers with dark green cloth toppings.. warm up the atmosphere, there is persian music, , mirrors.. ..basically the place has a little atmosphere on the funky side. there are piles of persian rugs in the back room, for sale !! RUGS, but no wine ! Several people had bottles of wine with them, obviously regulars.-. as I had not known that they do not serve alcohol. I wonder why, as the restaurant is not new, has been reviewed by zagats and many sites. I wish they did,.. nevertheless, I ordered a homemade yogurt drink ( no, not lassi) and I suppose it was very good with fresh mint. I personally did not love it, but after spiking it with stevia ( I had with me) I liked it better. large for $3.( Wish I had rum with me instead of stevia! )

there are numerous appetizers pretty much in the $ 5 range, ..3 for $10.. salads..up to $10 ..
dinners $14-24 pretty much ( specials of the night were lamp chops ..4 ..sounded like a lot of food $24.. chicken chops dark meat $22..) I ordered a felafel salad with humuus and a kebob
( no bone) of... kind of a persian meatloaf.Koobideh Kabab it was good, but the felafel was weird. I would not order it again,... slices and not tasting like any felafel I've EVER had..but the meal on a whole was all right.. a tomatoe, grilled and yummy and onions..grilled..lettuce, a few olives.. and a bread they call nan
It was different from Indian nan, and arrived while we waited.. also I found weird, as it as dry and not hot by the time the food arrived. also , no dipping sauce or anything.. However with my dinner another one came, warmer.. still dryish and was the carbohydrate with my meal. My companion got the lamb kebab ( no bone) and it was with saffron flavored rice.. the lamb was good, the rice average.

People were cheerfully eating, noise level went up, not a bad thing as I feel it showed enthusiasm.
Guests at the Table next to me (against the back wall.). , were discussing politics and I found his comments disturbing.. not a pleasant way to spend a social evening .. when I'd rather be thinking about new food, new restaurant etc....hard to ignore when tables are that close.

Desert menu .. we ordered the tartufo amoretti..gelato ( Not italian style, ) delicious, he cut it in half for us to share.., I thought it was pricey $7.50.. but prob a bargain considering the zillion calories. Persian decalf tea $2 was served in a very cute cup. Service was courteous, serious.. I wish I had read the review written by Persiian Old Man.. so I could have ordered his recommended dishes. I will go back to this restaurant again for another try but not on a sat night.