“Never again”

Dining options: Reservations
New Jersey
“Never again”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I am not happy to write this review but want to warn others to avoid this eatery. We selected Alaroma based upon the two great reviews on Trip Advisor (which are usually very reliable). I will not discuss the forgettable décor or the decent service but will focus on the food. I have ordered calamari which came swimming in oil, a chicken marsala that was uneatable as was my wife’s chicken parmigiana. I could go on and on about my other six friends’ selections but will spare the reader from a long list of failed dishes. I must add that, even without alcoholic drinks, the bill was quite substantial.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank gsol

Albany, New York
“Fantastic food and hospitality!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stopped on the way back from a Yankee game and was greeted very warmly. We sat outside and was treated to the best Italian home cooking I have had in years. The wonderful smells and tastes from appetizers to main course were fantastic. Very generous sized portions (doggie bags were needed) and spectacular presentations made for a most enjoyable meal. I recommend the lasagne..to die for!.
We will definitely stop back again.
Travelers from Albany.

• Visited June 2011
New York City, New York
“Delicious Italian-American fare with GENEROUS portions”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Tastes just like Mama used to make on Sunday. Did you call it gravy? Then you know what i mean! Fresh ingredients, great service. Large portions makes for tomorrow's lunch. I think this is important- the bread. It's so good you may have to turn it away after your first basket. I love the Mixed Salad, then the Stuffed mushrooms, Chicken Piccata, and any pasta! Great place for lunch/dinner parties. Hug the hostess. She's terrific.

• Visited April 2011