“Great location”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elmira
Reviewed November 23, 2010

The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful, checking me in in very quickly. The room was good sized and smelled clean which is a huge plus for me. The king sized bed was comfortable but sleeping was diffucult for me which is not the hotels fault. There were numerous restaurants nearby to choose from and many stores in case you need something. Located right off the highway, I couldn't have had a better experience at this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
ankitshahny140, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in our area and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Ankit Shah
607-739-2000

Reviewed September 1, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel because we were unable to find available accomodations closer to our destination (40 minutes away). Our room on the first floor was dingy, worn and in need of repairs. The bathroom floor was so tacky that when I walked in my shoe stuck to it. It was the kind of place that compelled you to check the sheets and matress before going to bed. In the hotel's favor: budget priced, easy access to shopping and an Applebees next door. We skipped the free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I can't even describe what a terrible experience staying at this hotel was. It is in disgusting condition, and we got locked out of our room in the middle of the night with our belongings inside, and never got in until the MORNING!!! The staff is completely incompetent. Don't even think about staying here for even one night unless you enjoy bugs and being up all night!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Hart-Mart24
Reviewed October 7, 2009

The room was clean and the front desk people were very friendly. The hot breakfast in the morning was great: eggs, sausage, make-your-own-waffles with strawberry sauce, muffins, bagels, toast, hot and cold cereal, coffee, tea and juice. It was much more than I expected. I was worried about the noise from the highway, but didn't really hear it at all. The hotel is conveniently located right in a shopping district, and right next door to Applebee's. Having free wireless internet, a refrigerator and a microwave in the room were also handy. My only complaint is that there is no elevator to the 2nd floor, so we had to lug all of our luggage up the 2 flights of stairs.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
debbieturnerelmira, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2009

Thank-you for your input about your stay at Econo-Lodge.. I am glad it was a plesant stay .I do hope you will return to stay with us again...

Reviewed August 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Econo Lodge to be near the airport. It was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was hot and good. It was a little rundown and dated, but comfortable. We would stay there again when in the area. .

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2009

just got back from a one night stay while travelling through the Elmira area, the Econo Lodge was just fine. Check in was a breeze and my room had two double beds, a microwave, and small refrigerator. High speed internet was very fast. The location was very convenient and close to several restaurants and was right off the highway. Although my room faced the highway, I did not hear any road noise. The Air Conditioning cooled the room quickly. A continental breakfast was included and included the normal bagels, english muffins, danish, juice, coffee, cereal, and even eggs and ham served from a chaffing dish. The staff was very accomodating to my requests, I would stay here again as I think it was a great value compared to other hotels in the area. All I needed for this stay was a comfortable room, high speed internet, and breakfast and that's what I got.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We were up for a family wedding over the weekend. There seemed to be a lot of permanent guests staying at the hotel. There was a lot of noise on Saturday night and there seemed to be people running on the roof. When I made the original reservations three months in advance there were only a couple of rooms available. I found this very strange for a hotel out of the way but I think I know why. I may be wrong but I get the feeling the State is placing people here. The staff was hit or miss. Some were very friendly and helpful while others were not. The room was nice and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast had the waffle machine and good danish. There was also cereals muffins toast etc. I don't think I will ever be returning to this area and hotel any time soon.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmira
Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Big Flats (Elmira), NY
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
#8 of 11 in Horseheads
Radisson Hotel Corning

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!