“Good hotel for the price”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elmira
Reviewed October 7, 2009

The room was clean and the front desk people were very friendly. The hot breakfast in the morning was great: eggs, sausage, make-your-own-waffles with strawberry sauce, muffins, bagels, toast, hot and cold cereal, coffee, tea and juice. It was much more than I expected. I was worried about the noise from the highway, but didn't really hear it at all. The hotel is conveniently located right in a shopping district, and right next door to Applebee's. Having free wireless internet, a refrigerator and a microwave in the room were also handy. My only complaint is that there is no elevator to the 2nd floor, so we had to lug all of our luggage up the 2 flights of stairs.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
debbieturnerelmira, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2009

Thank-you for your input about your stay at Econo-Lodge.. I am glad it was a plesant stay .I do hope you will return to stay with us again...

Reviewed August 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Econo Lodge to be near the airport. It was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was hot and good. It was a little rundown and dated, but comfortable. We would stay there again when in the area. .

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2009

just got back from a one night stay while travelling through the Elmira area, the Econo Lodge was just fine. Check in was a breeze and my room had two double beds, a microwave, and small refrigerator. High speed internet was very fast. The location was very convenient and close to several restaurants and was right off the highway. Although my room faced the highway, I did not hear any road noise. The Air Conditioning cooled the room quickly. A continental breakfast was included and included the normal bagels, english muffins, danish, juice, coffee, cereal, and even eggs and ham served from a chaffing dish. The staff was very accomodating to my requests, I would stay here again as I think it was a great value compared to other hotels in the area. All I needed for this stay was a comfortable room, high speed internet, and breakfast and that's what I got.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We were up for a family wedding over the weekend. There seemed to be a lot of permanent guests staying at the hotel. There was a lot of noise on Saturday night and there seemed to be people running on the roof. When I made the original reservations three months in advance there were only a couple of rooms available. I found this very strange for a hotel out of the way but I think I know why. I may be wrong but I get the feeling the State is placing people here. The staff was hit or miss. Some were very friendly and helpful while others were not. The room was nice and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast had the waffle machine and good danish. There was also cereals muffins toast etc. I don't think I will ever be returning to this area and hotel any time soon.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2009

You guys were great I had a lot of fun I felt welcome and it was very interesting on saturday. TEN STARS ALL THE WAY...even though you didn't have my moutain dew hahahaha

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2009

On Saturday 3/7/09 my family and I were visiting my sister in Elmira, NY. My two year old grand daughter became very ill

with a stomach virus. We were staying at the EconoLodge in Elmira. I want you to know the desk clerk went way over and above to help us in any way she could. She helped in cleaning the baby’s car seat to providing us with cleaning products, and cleaning towels. She offered us food and drinks or anything she could possibly give us that would help in the care of the baby.

I have traveled a lot and have never seen such human compassion for our situation. The lady’s name is Aubrey. I think she should be a trainer for your company on how to provide the best service for your patrons

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2009

This hotel was a serviceable location for a quick overnight stop on our way back from vacation, but no vacation destination. It's also in a central location for reaching shopping and dining options.

We arrived to find the hotel had assigned us a single-bed, smoking room for our non-smoking family of three. They fixed the error; however, the employee who checked us in had a noisy group of family interrupting our registration with their vacation stories and displays of inappropriate souvenirs. It was distracting and unprofessional.

Noisy neighbors and thin walls were an issue. The room next door had their television on until 3:00am, and even at a lower volume, we were able to hear the programs. The bathroom tiling was aging and mildewed -- not the cleanest I've seen.

This property leaves a little to be desired in terms of accessibility. There is no elevator for second-floor rooms, and the jacuzzi tub is nice if you'd like a relaxing soak, but difficult to get into and out of if you have trouble stepping over a high edge. As a pregnant woman, I was a little unsteady getting over the side without a safety grab bar. I'd imagine that elderly or disabled persons would have much difficulty using the tub and shower.

The hotel does offer free microwave popcorn and hot chocolate for visitors, plus a free breakfast. We chose not to take advantage of any of those amenities, but I will say that it was a nice treat to find a DVD player in the room.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmira
Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
#8 of 11 in Horseheads
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!