“Convienent, clean budget hotel”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elmira
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Spent 2 nights at the Econo Lodge in Elmira Aug 7-8. This is an older motel/hotel type building that, honestly, wasn't very appealing when we drove up to it. Thankfully the front desk was quite nice and the room looked like it was recently renovated. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was adequate for our needs. I like the fact we could pull right up to our room (1st floor) and didn't have to carry luggage and coolers any distance or up an elevator.
We paid 144 p/night which I considered reasonable due to the busy NASCAR weekend at the Glen that had everything sold out.
They have a free, hot breakfast that fit the bill perfectly. Good place for travelers for 1 or 2 nights and convenient to many restaurants, gas and shopping center.
The WIFI was down when we were there. That would be my only negative.
I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: 1st floor you can drive up to your room and not have to carry your luggage vary far.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Teri T, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the breakfast and found the location to be convenient. I am also happy to hear that you found our newly renovated rooms to be comfortable and to you liking.

We look forward to having you stay with us on any future trips you may take to our area.

Mike Magnusen
Manager on Duty
Econo Lodge Elmira
607-739-2000

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Older style motel. Room was nicely appointed and clean. Rate is competitive for the area. WiFi is slow. Reception was friendly. Would stay here again. The area has many chain restaurants and shopping venues.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Justin H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Spikemccann,

Thank you for your very kind words regarding our hotel. We take great pride in our guest service and cleanliness here and I am so glad you had the chance to experience that. I most definitely will make sure my front desk staff and housekeeping staff is aware of how great they are doing! I would like to apologize for the speed of our wireless internet and will be sure to address this with our provider. We really do hope to see you again very soon on your next visit to the Elmira area. Thank you again for your review, see you again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We went as couple to trip in Finger lake area and stay for 3 nights in this hotel.
Pros Absolutely perfect location, friendly staff, private parking, hot breakfast.
Con Room has to be updated (renovated).
Yes I would recommend it

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Justin H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, we pride ourselves with having a great staff and I am so pleased that you were able to experience that. I would like to invite you back to the hotel to experience our newly updated rooms. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Elmira area.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for three days as we were visiting Elmira (for the Mark Twain features) and Seneca Falls up the road. This was toward the end of a three-week tour of the western edge of Massachusetts and around New York state, and I have to say that we were hugely impressed. We could carp about a few things but we won't: the breakfast was great, in fact the best we had anywhere we stayed, and the hospitality at reception was excellent. Free wifi too, and the strength was constantly very good. Now we're staying at a JFK hotel before the flight back tomorrow: price MUCH higher of course, but then the wifi's $7.95, the breakfast very expensive, and the water's not even hot. Go figure.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Justin H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We are so happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay while you were here visiting the Mark Twain sites. We pride ourselves on guest service and I'm so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations while you were here. I will be sure to pass along all your comments to the hotel staff. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here June 21, 2014 and this place was fine for the money. Good location right off the highway.

- room clean
- new decore and in good shape
- RECENTLY refurbised so ask for new room
- bed comfortable
- a/c worked well
- bathroom small but clean
- great water pressure and hot
- room had no towels when I got here but they corrected
- breakfast ok, about what you'd expect for this level hotel
- eggs, biscuits/gravy, breads, no fruits

Front desk did not know if rooms were clean or under construction. Said also they were under new management so things were very confused. Front desk clerk was nice and she was trying hard but management needs to fix the confusion. Yes I would stay agin because the price was good and the room clean. Hopefully they fix the confusion. Be sure to ask for a newly renovated room!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a newly renovated room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Justin H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you for your recent review. As always my staff and I look forward to hearing about your stay. We strive to provide nothing but the best in Customer service and hospitality. Thank you for the compliments on the updated rooms we have worked hard to make each guest stay more enjoyable each time they visit. I apologize for the issue you had during your stay and will be sure to address this with my housekeeping and front desk department to improve communication. As always your comments and feedback help us grow and improve our guest service more and more. Thank you for the kind review and we hope to see you again soon when you are back in the area.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Our destination township of Towanda, PA., had no vacancies. It was 10:00 pm. Found this on line and made the drive up to it. Got a discounted price. Should have slept in the truck! It was DIRTY, old, and smelled awful! The front desk said they had just renovated. It had a new vanity and sink and a new light in that area. Same OLD wallpaper, carpet, beds and broken tub, complete with previous users washcloths still hanging! Front desk was nice. Only good thing about the place! We got up the next morning and found a decent hotel and took showers to feel clean again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank kailieh_13

Hello and Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We apologize for your experience that you had here at the hotel. Time has a way of taking its toll on businesses appearances. I will be sure to address your concerns with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for the comments for my front desk staff they will be happy to hear that they were able to help with your stay. If you would like to discuss anything further please feel free to contact me at anytime. Thank you again for your concerns, we hope to have the chance to exceed your expectations some time in the future.

EconoLodge
607.739.2000

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This place was great! The rooms I stayed in were very comfortable and clean. There was allot to do around the hotel. Food was in walking distance and you could call and have food ordered to the hotel. The hotel staff is awesome. They are really nice and won't hesitate to help you with any issues you may have. Overall my stay they're was great!

• Stayed: April 2014
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for your recent review. As always my staff and I look forward to hearing about your stay. We strive to provide nothing but the best in Customer service and hospitality. We are so happy that you found our establishment to be convenient and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. These reviews provide helpful feedback so that we can continue to keep our guests like you completely satisfied. We look forward to your next stay until then Happy and safe travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmira
Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Big Flats (Elmira), NY
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
#8 of 11 in Horseheads

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!