“Decent value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elmira
montauk
“Decent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Older style motel. Room was nicely appointed and clean. Rate is competitive for the area. WiFi is slow. Reception was friendly. Would stay here again. The area has many chain restaurants and shopping venues.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Justin H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Spikemccann,

Thank you for your very kind words regarding our hotel. We take great pride in our guest service and cleanliness here and I am so glad you had the chance to experience that. I most definitely will make sure my front desk staff and housekeeping staff is aware of how great they are doing! I would like to apologize for the speed of our wireless internet and will be sure to address this with our provider. We really do hope to see you again very soon on your next visit to the Elmira area. Thank you again for your review, see you again soon.

Justin Hartman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Concord, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We went as couple to trip in Finger lake area and stay for 3 nights in this hotel.
Pros Absolutely perfect location, friendly staff, private parking, hot breakfast.
Con Room has to be updated (renovated).
Yes I would recommend it

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Justin H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, we pride ourselves with having a great staff and I am so pleased that you were able to experience that. I would like to invite you back to the hotel to experience our newly updated rooms. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Elmira area.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for three days as we were visiting Elmira (for the Mark Twain features) and Seneca Falls up the road. This was toward the end of a three-week tour of the western edge of Massachusetts and around New York state, and I have to say that we were hugely impressed. We could carp about a few things but we won't: the breakfast was great, in fact the best we had anywhere we stayed, and the hospitality at reception was excellent. Free wifi too, and the strength was constantly very good. Now we're staying at a JFK hotel before the flight back tomorrow: price MUCH higher of course, but then the wifi's $7.95, the breakfast very expensive, and the water's not even hot. Go figure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Justin H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We are so happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay while you were here visiting the Mark Twain sites. We pride ourselves on guest service and I'm so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations while you were here. I will be sure to pass along all your comments to the hotel staff. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here June 21, 2014 and this place was fine for the money. Good location right off the highway.

- room clean
- new decore and in good shape
- RECENTLY refurbised so ask for new room
- bed comfortable
- a/c worked well
- bathroom small but clean
- great water pressure and hot
- room had no towels when I got here but they corrected
- breakfast ok, about what you'd expect for this level hotel
- eggs, biscuits/gravy, breads, no fruits

Front desk did not know if rooms were clean or under construction. Said also they were under new management so things were very confused. Front desk clerk was nice and she was trying hard but management needs to fix the confusion. Yes I would stay agin because the price was good and the room clean. Hopefully they fix the confusion. Be sure to ask for a newly renovated room!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a newly renovated room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Justin H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. As always my staff and I look forward to hearing about your stay. We strive to provide nothing but the best in Customer service and hospitality. Thank you for the compliments on the updated rooms we have worked hard to make each guest stay more enjoyable each time they visit. I apologize for the issue you had during your stay and will be sure to address this with my housekeeping and front desk department to improve communication. As always your comments and feedback help us grow and improve our guest service more and more. Thank you for the kind review and we hope to see you again soon when you are back in the area.

Nacogdoches, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Our destination township of Towanda, PA., had no vacancies. It was 10:00 pm. Found this on line and made the drive up to it. Got a discounted price. Should have slept in the truck! It was DIRTY, old, and smelled awful! The front desk said they had just renovated. It had a new vanity and sink and a new light in that area. Same OLD wallpaper, carpet, beds and broken tub, complete with previous users washcloths still hanging! Front desk was nice. Only good thing about the place! We got up the next morning and found a decent hotel and took showers to feel clean again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kailie H
Hello and Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We apologize for your experience that you had here at the hotel. Time has a way of taking its toll on businesses appearances. I will be sure to address your concerns with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for the comments for my front desk staff they will be happy to hear that they were able to help with your stay. If you would like to discuss anything further please feel free to contact me at anytime. Thank you again for your concerns, we hope to have the chance to exceed your expectations some time in the future.

EconoLodge
607.739.2000

Travelers are raving about these Elmira hotels

Cooperstown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This place was great! The rooms I stayed in were very comfortable and clean. There was allot to do around the hotel. Food was in walking distance and you could call and have food ordered to the hotel. The hotel staff is awesome. They are really nice and won't hesitate to help you with any issues you may have. Overall my stay they're was great!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. As always my staff and I look forward to hearing about your stay. We strive to provide nothing but the best in Customer service and hospitality. We are so happy that you found our establishment to be convenient and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. These reviews provide helpful feedback so that we can continue to keep our guests like you completely satisfied. We look forward to your next stay until then Happy and safe travels.
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel for its proximity to Watkins Glen International, its price, and the favorable reviews on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed.

The rooms with double beds were spacious with a writing desk, table and chairs, DVD player (DVDs available at the front desk), refrigerator, microwave and ironing board. The bathroom was tiny, though.

The room was also immaculately clean and very comfortable. I would be happy with a long stay there.

The people working the front desk were lovely; very friendly and helpful. Plus, they had free cookies and popcorn at the desk. Bonus!

The hot breakfast wasn't great but there were a lot of options for cold breakfast. Plus there are a lot of restaurants nearby if you want something else.

The hotel is near a small airport but not once did I hear a plane.

While the hotel advertises truck parking the places are limited and the later you arrive the less likely you will find a spot to park a semi or truck with trailer.

If you are sensitive to cigarette smoke, you can definitely smell it in the hallways. Our non-smoking rooms were smoke-free.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent review. We appreciate your feedback! My staff and I are always looking for ways to improve our guest's experience. As for the smoking we do sincerely apologize as it is hard to keep that smell from traveling and we do still have smoking rooms. However I have notified my staff to be a little more aware of smoking in the halls. We are currently discussing other options for the hot breakfast. Please feel free to let us know we are open to everything. Thank you for the sincere compliments of my staff I believe I have a great team and am very proud of what they do. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels. Have a magnificent day!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmira
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
#6 of 11 in Horseheads
4.0 of 5 stars 91 reviews
Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!