Econo Lodge
$56
Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview(Elmira)(Great Value!)
$88
$80
$76
$98
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsno elevatorbagelsrooms are cleana small strip mallbed was comfortablehot breakfastwould stay here againmajor highwayironing boardcold cerealone night staybudget hotelthe entire staffking roommark twainconvenient locationmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a minimal "meets requirements" motel. The motel was not setup for "breakfast included" so part of the lobby has four tables with chairs but is crowded. The sun is in your eyes if you are on the wrong side of the table.

The lobby, hallways and lighting are shabby. It needs a reset.

The breakfast is the standard: powdered scrambled eggs, corned-beef hash, Belgian waffle, bread & bagels.

The room is clean, but the maintenance could have been done by a do-it-yourselfer. There is only two floors, so there is no elevator.

Good stuff: The refrigerator has a freezer compartment and the TV is a large flat-screen.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you found our rooms clean and that you enjoyed the extra amenities that we offer our guests. We have been updating our property over the last few months and are set to begin more renovations in upcoming months. However, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience in a future stay.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am a oral surgeon. For the past few years, my job takes me to Elmira area twice a month and I have to stay over night. Econo Lodge is the hotel of my choice. this hotel is well managed, clean room, good shower, free high speed internet connection, free hot breakfast. Manager Kalpen and staff are willing to bend backward to help guest. For example, I always need to check in aroud 11 AM, if there is no clean room available, them will clean the room right away. All I need to do is wait a few moments. I highly recommend this hotel, and for me, I saw Kalpen this past Monday, and will see him again October 1.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. We always look forward to seeing you when your job brings you here! We try to accommodate our guests to the best of our ability and are happy to hear that all our amenities are to your liking. We truly are grateful to all of our returning guests for their loyalty and trust in us to make their stay as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

stayed here 1 night on a visit to Watkins Glen...after reading reviews and most being good I decided to stay here...b4 I brought my thing into the room I did a careful inspection of room 119.
because one recent review said place was full of bed bugs and spiders ?? NOT TRU...I searched the whole room, including between mattress...no bed bugs or bugs of any kind ,,room was extremely CLEAN !! bed ,bathroom, carpet all clean !! not even a crumb....room had a nice flatscreen HD tv, also a large fridge and microwave...the person that gave this place such an "over the top" horrible review must have had another agenda. when I see such horrible reviews I look to see if the other people had similar experiences and in this case a very high majority of people did not agree and gave this place a good review...that review was so bad it looked suspicious ! Also, this motel does not sit in a shopping center parking lot ! . just look at Google maps to see for yourself...the only complaint I could agree with is that the rooms are small, but I was not there to move in or live there...I just needed a nice clean room to sleep in and this motel room was fine for that.....No problems, would def stay again...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hello and thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. We are glad that after reading some reviews that you decided to give us a chance. It is so important to us to hear great feedback like yours because it shows that our work and dedication to making sure our guests are satisfied does not go unnoticed. We encourage any guest with hesitations to come in to see for themselves the cleanliness of the rooms. We are aware that one of the most important things in staying in a place away from home is peace of mind. We work hard in order to achieve this worry-free atmosphere and make our hotel a "home away from home". Again, thank you for your wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed at the Econo Lodge last week, for a week and was given the chance to stay in 3 different rooms through out my stay ( this was entirely my own fault, as I kept adding nights last minute, on the go, when they were fully booked ).
I was a bit nervous before my travel due to having read some bad reviews and was highly shocked ( in a positive way ) upon arrival, when realising that none of the previously read bad reviews were anything near the reality that greeted me upon check-in and also during the following 7 days.
This motel is clean, it is affordable and offers way more for the price than what would be expected of any other motel charging the same rate.
The rooms are clean and very nicely furnished with new and nice furniture. The towels are stocked more than well, together with everything else you might possibly need.The cleaning service is awesome.
There is breakfast ready from 5 am to 10 am in a cosy little area near the lobby, yummy cookies and popcorn every evening and also a coffee machine which is nicely filled through out the day and night for any sudden "energy needs".
The wifi worked very nicely and since I depend on having internet access daily, this was a very pleasant surprise.
There are vending machines for drinks and snacks near the lobby and also a business centre upstairs, which also was a very nice surprise.
The people at the reception were more than friendly and helpful when I tried to extend my stay in a fully booked motel and helped every way they could and were more than patient.
The only thing that got my nerves jumping was one tiny little spider in the bathroom, that I found cute and decided to name "Murphy". It is end of summer after all, and you can't blame little "Murphies" for finding their way in.
I was told however, that all rooms are looked over and sprayed regurlarly to avoid any such incidents, so I believe I can share a shower with a cute little "Murphy" for one night, in an otherwise perfectly clean motel.
The other motel guests during my stay were very quiet, polite and respectful. I found myself having nice and friendly chats with both other guests and also the people working at the reception. The overall environment was surprisingly friendly and inviting.
I stayed in 3 rooms over a week and one of them was a smoking room, which was surprisngly "fresh" upon entering. It didnt smell like someone had smoked in it at all.
The area is also great for other reasons. The motel is located in an area with a Taco Bell next door and lots of shops, including a foodstore, which is walking distance.
There are plenty of info leaflets at the reception about popular activities in the area, which was also interesting to me.
I was more than happy with my stay at the Econo Lodge and highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of a stay. I will most definitely be back.
Thanks so much for everything !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Hello and thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad that we could accommodate you as you needed to extend your stay with us. We understand that you may have been a little hesitant about staying due to some reviews that you have read. With any hotel, less than perfect experiences can lead to less than perfect reviews but we are so grateful that you decided to give Econo Lodge a chance and that you were very happy with your stay! We have tried to find just the right amenities to fit our guests needs as well as providing just the right breakfast and snack items from looking at guests reviews on multiple sites. We hope that you will let us host you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Let me start by saying this, all I wanted was a clean place to stay for a night. I did not need a 5 star hotel. When I am traveling I spend very little time in my hotel room so, a clean room is all I require.

After reading through Trip Advisor reviews and seeing pictures I expected this hotel to provide what I was looking for, a clean place to spend a night. The pictures I am seeing on here look nothing like the nightmare we walked into.

When we pulled into the parking lot we had a bad feeling about this place. The motel sits right off of a major hwy in a shopping center parking lot. From the outside it looked worn down. The staff was very friendly but that is the only thing this motel has going for it. We got the last room which was a smoking room and being non smokers we were provided with a can of disinfectant spray to neutralize the odor. We prepared ourselves to deal with that. Its the first time I got a can of odor eliminator upon check in but like I said, we just needed a place to spend the night. If lingering smoke was the worst we had to deal with, we would have just dealt with that.

We entered our room, room 117. The first thing I noticed was a huge spider web in the corner of the room. It just kept getting worse from there. At first I thought, hey we are on our way to go camping. There are spiders in the campground, not a big deal we will just put him outside. However, upon a closer look we found that his web was filled with dead bedbugs!!!! At that point we also noticed that there were bed bugs, stains and food crumbs looming under the mattresses. That was it. We grabbed our bags and ran for the door.

As we were discovering the bed bug infestation, another friend in the group took notice to the coffee maker without a coffee pot and a few small towels that looked like cleaning rags.

The young man at the counter was very polite and apologetic however, he did not look surprised when I told him about the bed bugs.

Not far up the road we found a Hilton in Horseheads.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hello and Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We apologize for your experience that you had here at the hotel. Time has a way of taking its toll on businesses appearances. We are currently working towards renovations to help modernize the appearances. Sitting off of the highway has proven to be a great convenience to travelers who are passing through the area. To place to rest any concerns made with bed bugs or bus of any kind, we do have pest control services that routinely come to help with pesky pests that may wander away from their abundant countryside habitat. Our housekeeping team also work very hard in keeping our rooms clean for our arriving guests. Our staff will be happy to hear that you were pleased with their friendly demeanor and customer service. We will continue to make improvements to our hotel and make it our primary focus to tackle any and all concerns that may arise. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.