“first time, last time”

Add it.
Yeni's Ice Cream Shop
Ranked #4 of 4 Dessert in Elmira
Reviewed March 23, 2014

we went into this ice cream parlor with high expectations from recommendations of others !!!! wow what a let down. first we were told from 2-4 pm shakes were $ 3.00 and we ordered two. which the glasses came out hot so the shakes were warm. then we ordered a banana split no chocolate. it come out with just strawberry and vanilla ice cream, no pineapple, no strawberry, and no peanut toppings. that was advertised as $ 5.15 so the total should have been $11.15 plus tax. we were charged $ 13.25. after our complaint the lady gave us back $2.00 what a rip off, the shakes were small approx. 10-12 ounces and warm and watery, horrible!!! and this isn't the worst of it the waitress came in to start her shift and played with her hair behind the counter where all the food is and never wash her hands, who knows what she was touching before she came in, it was bad enough watching her play with her hair around the dishes and food as her hair was very long. at least the woman in charge figured out we wouldn't be back. i wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, i would say check your bill as if they over charge everyone like they did us they will get rich fast!!!! they don't even have a working phone number to try and correct the complaint, as the phone number listed doesn't work as we called for two days and just get a recording.

There are newer reviews for Yeni's Ice Cream Shop

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I ran in to Yeni's for some lunch last weekend as I was out finishing up my shopping. I happened to be the only person in there as it was snowing quite hard out, but I was welcomed with a smile and I asked if it was ok to stay or if they were closing early due to the weather. The young lady said they were staying open, they'd been busier that day then they thought, so I sat and read my book, had an Italian panini (and an ice cream sundae to finish) and it was delightful. It was nice to unwind, be able to take my time and enjoy every bite.
We had had my niece's fifth birthday party here and they were able to do a build your own sundae bar for all the kids to choose which flavors of ice cream and what toppings they wanted and it was absolutely wonderful. It was the first chance I'd had to have a panini and that's why I came back!!
I am sorry Mary S didn't have a good experience. I didn't see anywhere that it said they were the best? I was welcomed and invited to sit and stay a while.
Also - there are more and more restaurants not taking cards and in my experience at Yeni's - small ice cream is only $3, I guess I wouldn't ever put such a small amount on a card, knowing the credit card fees that restaurants and stores have to pay on them. I won't ever mind paying cash when the portion sizes are quite large and the price for them is extremely reasonable.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Clean and bright with oldies in the background. Perry's ice cream, great service and atmosphere are highlighted by "humongous" servings. Great old fashioned root beer float went down in one slurp!

1  Thank Joeandkathy789
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Nice looking place if it was made a little more "homey", but you feel like you cant sit there. They dont take cards, and they were out of a lot of stuff. And it seems like as soon as they opened, they claimed themselves as the best - which is weird.... because every other ice cream placein town is Perrys too

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went in to Yeni's this weekend and had a sundae this time instead of just an ice cream cone. I indulged a bit with a small chocolate with hot fudge and marshmellow and boy - it's like being a kid all over again. My niece and nephew love it here and they love sitting up at the counter and eating! When I was here this time, I was told they are moving forward with the kitchen and will be serving sandwiches and possibly panini's soon! I'm excited for a new lunch spot!