“Hometown diner”

Light's Bake Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Elmira
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Lights is always a great stop for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just coffee & dessert. We've never been disappointed. It offers down home food and a fantastic array of baked goods. Also, you can't beat the prices. Dinner for two was less than $20 one time! And we didn't leave hungry. Stop in and enjoy.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

This bakery has had continous problems with hygiene. One of my friends once bought a pie that had a mouse baked in it. I would never eat anything that comes out of this kitchen!

Reviewed January 6, 2012

A great hometown bakery and coffee spot. Nice way to start anykind of day.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Lights is a great local eatery in Elmira. The food is always served quickly, and the portions and prices are reasonable. The bakery is outstanding - so many baked goods to choose from. Overall, the wait staff is pleasant and friendly.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

This is a very popular eatery in Elmira. The wait staff is very friendly & very helpful. I had the Italian french toast & my husband had the regular french toast but on their apple cinnamon bread. Three very large slices of bread each. Plus I had bacon which tasted like maple cured & my husband had the sausage which he enjoyed. The table for 2 was tiny but next to the window, so I was able to move somethings up to the window ledge to make more room on the table. After breakfast we went over to the bakery side & bought some of the signature half-moon cookies (yummy), some whole wheat bread (equally yummy) & some Halloween cookies. We highly recommend this place & we'll be going there the next time we go up to Elmira/Corning again, next year.