“Two Thumbs Up on the Spaghetti”
Review of Manzari's Grill

Manzari's Grill
Ranked #42 of 108 Restaurants in Elmira
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Elmira, NY
“Two Thumbs Up on the Spaghetti”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Although it's a very limited menu (VERY), it is what it is....and what they DO have (spaghetti with meatballs mainly) is delicious and well priced. It sure it nice for a quick, easy, takeout meal.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank ElfJulie

Forestville, New York
“Good, but not as good as the hype.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My boyfriend raved about this place to me and we finally got the opportunity to go recently. I love these little hole-in-the-wall places and I love spaghetti, but I have to admit I was slightly let down. The pop was flat, the noodles under-cooked, and the sauce was watery and so-so. Maybe it's because I've been brought up on homemade sauce, but this just looked, and tasted, like canned tomato sauce. For $14.50 for both of us, I almost would have rather thrown it together myself at home. For me, spaghetti is kind of like pizza...it's always good even when it's bad, so that's where the "average" rating comes from. I'm sorry to say I was sort of disappointed...I really wanted to like this place.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank SMILLER5
North Pole, New York
“Good plate of spaghetti for the money”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Spaghetti, meatball sandwich, & griller ham & cheese is the extent of the menu but the food is great. Service is slow because it's only Joe and Chris working but stop in and have a plate.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Bluewater464
Elmira, New York
“SPAGHETTI PALACE”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

If you like good pasta, this is the place to go! Order the "Neopolitan" and get piles of garlic on top of their famous red sauce. Wonderful! And the price is ALWAYS RIGHT! Thanks guys!

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Sarah920
Upstate, New York
“Quote me on this: The best bar in Elmira”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I don't say this lightly, but I really believe this is "The Best Bar in Elmira". Small, friendly, and cozy. They're open 365 days a year -- and you'll always find someone to chat with. The family provides some of the best service you'll ever get in a bar. This is the kind of place that once Joe, Chris, or Vito catch your name, they always great you with a smile, a handshake, and your name. The spaghetti is excellent -- nothing fancy, but homemade meatballs and great tomato sauce -- and the pasta is always cooked perfectly. I suppose if you're only going to offer a couple things on your menu, you ought to do it great! My recommendation: get the spaghetti half-and-half with an extra meatball.

• Visited April 2012