“Real food! ”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We love it here. Something other than the chains and we are always happy with it when we go! Always busy when we go! Fun place!

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This is our favorite lunch place and weekend hangout. It has all the charm of an Irish pub plus a sophisticated menu. Great drinks. Music, trivia night, the place to be for St. Patrick's Day. Right downtown, easy to find, in the national registered historic Near Westside Neighborhood. Part of the old Elmira Irish section of the city.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've never been disappointed with a Horigan's meal, although my husband has. I have a lousy memory for names, drinks, and food, but I know what I like, and I do like to go to Horigan's. The Irish stew I had a couple weeks ago was delicious!

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Had a great quite lunch. The food and service was good. Will definitely be visiting again!! Food portions were large and drinks from the bar were made just right!!!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

As a rule, we don't take our daughter to lunch in bars. And when I see "tavern", I generally visualize a gritty dive full of unstable types. So Tripadvisor was a god-send in this case -- we were in Elmira yesterday, and headed here for lunch. Good call.
This is a pleasant, friendly old place, not fancy but spotless and cozy. It is very definitely an Irish-American atmosphere and they've painted pretty much everything stationary in dark green. The host greeted us the second we walked in and the waiter appeared the second we were seated. The service was excellent start to finish.
We just had soup and burgers, but they were top-notch. The pea soup with saussage was the best I've had outside of Quebec. They serve REAL HAMBURGERS, yea!! The French fries were really unusually good.
I cannot recite the menu, but definitely some pub items, shepherd's pie, etc.
They have a good selection of beers, including a lot of local microbrews, lots of good stuff on tap, including Bass ale.
Would we return for dinner? You bet. We will drive out of our way to visit this place again, on the way to Penna. or if we're somewhere west of Ithaca.