“Elf Julie & Staff are the Best!”

The Christmas House
Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in Elmira
More attraction details
Owner description: You'll find favorites for not just the holidays but EVERYday in our seasonal Queen Anne Victorian Shop. Check our on-line calendar of events as we almost always have something fun going on or become our Facebook friend to know the latest and greatest!
Elmira, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Elf Julie & Staff are the Best!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The spirit of Christmas is alive and well at this business. "Elf Julie" and her staff make this one of my favorite places to shop. Large selection of charming and unique gifts, friendly and helpful staff. As Julie says, "It not just for Christmas anymore!"

Visited December 2012
Jed361, Owner at The Christmas House, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thanks for the great review LIndaL...we appreciate it! So glad you found our "Spirit of Christmas" alive and well while you shopped. It sure has been fun expanding our product lines to include a continually increasing amount of non-holiday goods! Thanks for coming to visit us during the early summer months! Elf Julie

Horseheads, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Magical Place”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Christmas House brings back the magic of Christmas. They have everything you need to make your Christmas truly special. Whether it is an ornament from todays era or a memory of your childhood Christmas, you will find it all at The Christmas House.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Shelly0317
Thanks for writing that "The Christmas House brings back the magic of Christmas." We should make you are marketing director as we all just loved that sentence (our long time slogan is "Feel the Magic" so it fits right in!) We are all so busy nowadays that it is nice to have time to take a deep breath and to remember to ENJOY the shopping experience! Thanks for sharing! Elf Julie
Upstate New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A Must See in the Finger Lakes Region”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

In Kansas, there's no place like home. In Elmira, there's no place like The Christmas House.

The place to be for all your Christmas needs and MORE. That's right, it's not just for Christmas. Head Elf Julie manages to stock the store with an eclectic variety. Cliche, yes, but there truly is something for everyone on your daily list.

Birthday. Child. Adult. Christmas. Man. Woman. Home. Hearth. Kitchen. Heck, I'm sure they even have an item or two for your furry frineds. Whimsical. Practical...

Check out their website and be sure to schedule a visit on your trip to the Southern Tier.

The staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. And I kid you not: give them a theme and I'll bet
they will find something to fit the bill.

Visited December 2012
Ohio
“Don't Miss the Christmas House when in Elmira!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Christmas House is a "don't miss" stop when in the Elmira area!! It's a beautiful old Victorian Painted Lady that's filled with a wonderful choice of Christmas and general gift and decorating items. The staff treats everyone as if they are a VIP shopper and the owners, Julie and Mark, are the BEST of small business owners!!

While I no longer live in the area, the Christmas House is still my favorite place to shop for Christmas decorating! If I can't make the trip to shop in person, I have only to call or drop them an email to have things quickly shipped my way.

Visited July 2012
Hemingway, South Carolina
“"A Dream Come True"”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I just LOVE the Christmas House. It is located in my home town so every time I go for a visit, the Christmas House is always on my favorite places to visit. When you go there, the Head Elf (owner) and little elves are always so glad to so you. It isn't because I haven't been there for awhile but I have seen them be so cheerful to see everyone that comes in for a visit to the House. They are always so helpful too. You know the saying, "You've seen one Christmas store, you've seen them all?" Well not in this case. This Christmas House is a very unique place since it is in a Victorian style house. Each room inside has that nice welcoming tone to it and you get lost in the setting. When you go back for your next visit, there is always something new for you to enjoy. Looking forward to a visit soon.

Visited December 2011